Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone managed to cancel BT Sport?
  • fadda

As above, they’d like £11.75 per month off me if I don’t renew my broadband subs, and I don’t want it. They direct you to the website to cancel, but I can find no way of actually cancelling without calling the single person they have allocated to this line.

Anyone navigated the website better than me, or do I have to suck up the wait times for having the audacity to want to cancel something?

djambo
    Free Member

i had to resort to calling them 🙁

hels
    Free Member

Thanks for the remind ! They sent me a letter, which arrived on 31 July, saying I had to cancel by 1 August or pay £5 per month. And I hate soccer, just want to see the MotoGP. The website just keeps crashing.

Total dopes. I guess I will have to phone and shout at them.

soobalias
    Free Member

bt sport has just changed from a freebee they added to my broadband (only get to choose BT or plusnet)
    as of last week, they want another £5/month

promptly downgraded to BT Sport Lite (free) using the links they sent via email

rocketman
    Free Member

The chat thing works well

thegreatape
    Free Member

Aviva rugby is still on the Lite version, which will do me. MotoGP highlights on 2 or ITV something, or somewhere anyway.

onehundredthidiot

Send them an email. Cancel the dd?

RDL-82
    Free Member

Had no issue here. Only kept it for the ufc and with recent changes wasn’t prepared to pay, used link in email. Didn’t work from iPad, just locked up but worked fine from laptop.

pirahna
    Free Member

I only watch MotoGP but it isn’t worth £5 a month to me. There is a product called BT Sport Lite which is free. I down graded to this, takes a couple of minutes online to do it.

trailhound101

So Pirhana – is MotoGP on BT Sport Lite?

Smudger666

the links in the email to downgrade to bt sport lite worked for me when i did it about a month ago.

pirahna
    Free Member

No, MotoGP is only available if you pay for it.

The only reason I went for BT Sport Lite is that it seems impossible to cancel BT Sport online but it it’s easy to downgrade.

allthepies
    Free Member

Did it online when they sent the initial Email out. Can’t remember it being hard to do.

deepreddave
    Free Member

As above we cancelled via email using a link provided. Not impressed with the auto enrol element when moving from a free to a paid service.

julians
    Free Member

yep, same as all the above, I downgraded to BT sport lite from the link in the email.

I too wasnt happy how they auto opted you in to a paid service, and the way the email was titled did not make it immediately clear. I wonder how many people are unaware that they are about to start getting charged for a service that used to be free.

soobalias
    Free Member

i wonder if there will be a similar sign-up rate inspired by BT having champions leage.

doubt it

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone managed to cancel BT Sport?’ is closed to new replies.