Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Anyone make their own cycling kit?
  • Premier Icon tjagain

nickc – they are certainly the most expensive shirts i own 🙂 the silk / lycra mix sounds good to me tho

As above – its about a hobby and getting kit that fits and we like. cost is very secondary.

Premier Icon nickc

To me cycling specific stuff is hideous or expensive or often both

Sure, I get that it’s a hobby, and it’s not about the cost overall, but this was your opening post, Like you I look at the price of clothes (that I’d actually buy) and I think they’re expensive, and when I read what you’ve gone through to get 1 shirt you like, I’m now thinking; hey, these clothes, they’re not that expensive after all…I wondered if the process you’ve been through as made you rethink about what’s available on the “high street”, and it’s cost to you.

Premier Icon willard

I tried it once, wanted a very specific type of bag/rucksack type thing for longer trail runs and had an idea for what I wanted. I made the pattern myself, bought the materials from Pennine and was trying to make it with a borrowed sewing machine, but… Sewing lightweight ripstop is really difficult.

I think I tried twice, went through all my material and then found out that Decathlon did something similar that was marginally smaller, slightly less functional, but cheaper than I had been expecting.

Premier Icon tjagain

I wondered if the process you’ve been through as made you rethink about what’s available on the “high street”, and it’s cost to you.

I get your point but what i really meant was “expensive and still not what I want” But yes – aldi shirts do look cheap and rapha reasonable in the light of the cost so far. Hopefully tho the end results will be better suited to what i want.

Premier Icon nickc

Hopefully tho the end results will be better suited to what i want.

Yep, cut to fit you, to your spec and material, it’s going to awesome hopefully. Can’t wait to see the finished result

Premier Icon chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Cut quite the dash I can tell ya.

Trendy

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Can’t wait for these pics!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.