Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone Make a Handlebar Bag With a Decent Light Bracket?
  • wombat

I”m looking for a handlebar bag which has a decent/functional bracket/loop on the front for a light.

I currently have a Topeak Compact bar bag which, at 2 l, is about the right size but the light loop on the front is useless as when you attach a light it points down to the road.

Can anyone put there recommend a 2/2.5l bar bag, ideally with a quick release bracket, which has a properly functional light bracket?

I’d prefer one with a zip top rather than a roll design for ease of access.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not quite what you’re after but I used a bar extension to mount my lights above the bag.

Like this but there are plenty of others on eBay. https://www.amazon.com/KBROTECH-Bicycle-Handlebar–Extension/dp/B06VW7GXM4

aP
    Free Member

Or the B+M handlebar bracket

RustySpanner

On or off road?

Fork crown or leg brackets work fine if you can fit one.

whitestone
    Free Member

One of the perennial problems with handlebar bags. As TINAS says, one of the handlebar extenders is the usual workaround.

wombat

Thanks folks.

It’s for on road, touring rather than racing, hence wanting one I can access easily for snacks/camera/other things.

Will have a look at the light extender thingys, there is a sort of plastic extender thing on the Topeak handlebar bracket but the loop handle on the top of the bag gets in the way of the light *rolls eyes*

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone Make a Handlebar Bag With a Decent Light Bracket?’ is closed to new replies.