• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by rs.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone made a DIY Bike Cam strap/fastener for a normal digi camera?
  • ratswithwings
    Free Member

Tried strapping a digi camera to chest strap on my rucksack to do a bit of filming. Anyone else done anything similar? Methods used? Cheers!

rs
    Free Member

end of a tripod cut off and then screwed through visor, can rotate up/down/left/right pretty much any way you want, haven’t used it much though.

ratswithwings
    Free Member

Ha! That’s cool ! Doesnt the weight of the camera pull the front of your helmet down?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rs
    Free Member

nah not really, only issue was especially with that camera, crap frame rate, low resolution and narrow field of view. I have a Panasonic TS1 now which was better but still not as good as the super wide angle go pro’s.

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve made a shoulder strap which involved two strips of metal clamping my bak strap with a wingnut to tighten it up. The metal also went through a cheap camera bag with a hole cut out for the lens.

Bar mount, I used an old light mount with a bolt sticking up for the tripod mount, didn;t work so well that one, kept coming loose even with a lock nut.

I had a really small camera which I just used rubber bands to secure to the bars, that didn’t work so bad actually.

The goPro mount is just awesome though, works so well.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Made a chest mount for my bullet cam / rigged it across rucsac sternum strap. Results were surprisingly good if a little odd looking. Would be easy enough to do for a cam with some rigid foam / timber if you are prepared to faff around

ratswithwings
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I’ll have a go at making something more solid. Funnily enough I used laggy bands on my camera yesterday, worked ok for a while until I hit some bumpy bits.

timmys

Has anyone made a case/harness that allows you to use an iPhone as a chest cam?

coastkid
    Free Member

vibration and shaking usually upsets regular didgy cams,
    i had some sucess with mounting a compact camera on a a bit of drilled and bent steel on the fork of my Surly Pugsley fatbike and it gave quite a cool view of the tyre and trail in front

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYwCuHeohUw[/video]

rs
    Free Member

Has anyone made a case/harness that allows you to use an iPhone as a chest cam?

Pom-Cam Helmet Cam Housing for iPhone 4!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone made a DIY Bike Cam strap/fastener for a normal digi camera?’ is closed to new replies.