Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone made a cargo trailer? Need a kid trailer!!
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

Looking for a kid trailer to make a cargo trailer. Anyone done this?
    Need one close to Sheffield. Gumtree has not been helpful 😢

damascus
    Free Member

@iamanobody I have a kids trailor. Bought it as an excited father to be but thr wife wouldn’t let me use it. We compromised and now he rides in a seat on the bike, she feels its safer.

Its been sat in my garage and I haven’t had time to put it up for sale. Based on West Yorkshire and sometimes visit family in Doncaster.

Message me if you are interested and I’ll send you some photos. Wheels come off and it all folds down. Its a nice bit if kit.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just get a cargo trailer off ebay, by the time you’ve bought a kids trailer and some ply it’ll probably be cheaper.

I got a very battered bob copy for £30 and its done hundreds of miles despite wobly bearings, a bent rear end, assorted rivets/screws holding the catches together and knackered tyre. I replaced the tyre with one from decathlon (its a;16″ wheel iirc) which then bounced into the mudguard going over a drop, taking a chunk out of the tyre and destroying the mudguard and im too tight to pay for another one so its got a big flatspot in the tread!

Bez

I converted our old Halfords trailer to a flatbed. Cost me less than £10 to do the conversion, pics and details below.

Since doing it I’ve discovered that the chassis is also used for a few other trailers. The Philips Mule is one of them, which gives you a full box shape and a canopy. (There are a couple on eBay right now.) You can also buy spare QR brackets for £5 or so, if you have multiple bikes you want to use it with.

View this post on Instagram

That’s this week’s commuting done…

A post shared by Bez (@mashing53) on

iamanobody
    Free Member

That is literally perfect!! Just need to find a battered trailer for pennies

bigblackshed

I’ve got a well used cargo trailer you can have for nowt.

Hereford though, do not local to you. Not sure what the postage would be, not much difference to posting a bike I expect.

iamanobody
    Free Member

@bigblackshed can you fire me some details please

bigblackshed

I’ll drag it out of the Shed on Saturday morning, long day shifts until then, and get some photos and measurements.

iamanobody
    Free Member

Bump

bigblackshed

Sorry OP. Not had chance to drag it out, The Shed is like s big Jenga puzzle so I need to get other stuff outside to get at the trailer. It’s not stopped raining since Friday night.

jaminb
    Free Member

https://i.imgur.com/erGVsB7.jpgCargo trailer

I would leave the sides in place – you can pile on more cargo

jaminb
    Free Member

bigblackshed

OP

Sent you a PM.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone made a cargo trailer? Need a kid trailer!!’ is closed to new replies.