Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone lost any bikes in the Peak
  • Premier Icon Tracey

Abigale has just looked over a wall in the Peak and there are two bikes on the floor behind it. Ladybower area

Any one lost them or know anyone who has

Premier Icon martinhutch

Some scrote will be coming back for them later on, I’d imagine. Move them, maybe?

Premier Icon sharkattack

Look on Facebook for stolen Specialized posts.

If you find a blue Geometron it’s probably mine.

Premier Icon nuke

As an alternative to being nicked, how about someone was injured and they ‘hid’ the bikes before hoping to collect them later? Where they are is going to determine the likelihood of this. Always wondered what I do with my bike if I had to call an ambulance as assume they wouldn’t take the bike too.

Anyway, hope they are reunited with their owners

Premier Icon mashr

Any chance they’ve been parked/stashed there whilst someone goes for a climb?

Premier Icon Aidy
    Free Member

I don’t get why the wheel would be off on one of them for any scenario

Premier Icon tomhoward

Snuck off for a bit of extra curricular exercise, mid puncture repair?

Premier Icon crazy-legs

I don’t get why the wheel would be off on one of them for any scenario

Stops it being instantly nicked, sort of implies there might have been an incident / breakage and the bikes have been stashed for collection later?

Premier Icon Sui
    Free Member

the bishop isnt being introduced to the actress somewhere?

Premier Icon Tracey

Looks like the rear axle has been put back in the hub.
    I’ve asked her to report it local but she was mid ride and has inermittent signal.

Premier Icon robo89
    Free Member

Should we be packing a Camo tarp in future, incase of emergencies.

Premier Icon Tracey

She has let some one at the Ladybower Inn know where they were and has checked on her way past on the last leg of the ride and they are no longer there.

Premier Icon scuttler

I’ve stashed a bike with wheels off and skewers / axles in my pocket previously but only in out of the way places so it is a thing.

Premier Icon andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve hidden a broken one, then running, getting a bus and coming back in the van to fetch it later.
    They would be much better hidden in that scenario.
    If it was intended to ride to a hill and climb it on foot they would be both much better hidden and locked to a tree or something.
    That looks dodgy as ****.

Premier Icon sofaboy73
    Free Member

There were two scrotes riding around the ladybower inn car park on similar looking bikes yesterday with a third one in a silver corsa. Saw them eyeing up my bike on the rack when we were sitting outside having a post ride pint, corsa pulls round to block my view of the car and as soon as I went over to investigate they buggered off. Two other bikers who were packing up said they saw them with big bolt cutters

Premier Icon rockandrollmark

Sounds like the lads who “owned” these two bikes found them a bit too hot and stashed them until they could more discretely transport them to another location.

If only there was some sort of discrete GPS device stashed in the steerer tube that could’ve alerted the rightful owner of their location when someone with an iPhone was within range.

I hope they rightful owners are reunited or at least appropriately insured.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.