Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • Anyone "lost" a Yeti Arc in Sheffield?
  • nosedive
    Free Member

any good news for the Sheffield massive?

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

class!! well done lads 🙂

ljs1977
    Free Member

Hope this works out – scum!

Always nice to see a happy ending – so …….

thepodge
    Free Member

thing is the west st one has quite a nice 24″ jump bike but I just can’t bring my self to buy from such a crappy company as even though I suspect the chance of it being stolen are small I just don’t want to support such an arse of an organisation

thorpie
    Free Member

It looks like it’s all good but I will let Sheff fill you in on detail.

Trevor.

Kevevs
    Free Member

ace. I’d’ve done what someone said above, informed cops and went down there with all my info and stood next to my bike till I made cops turn up! nice one. hope this is a result!

scruzer
    Free Member

Just logged on for up date. No news yet? They say ‘no news is good news’, so far… My fingers are aching (being crossed)!

jonahtonto
    Free Member

i saw my camera that had been pinched from my car in a cashgenerator a few years back. called the manager over, said “thats mine” and he was willing to hand it over there and then, no recipt or anything. i went to the cop shop and got a copper to come with me to pick it up cos as above i wanted them done for handling stolen goods. they had the guys name and address and he was known to the police for theft but surprise surprise ‘there is nothing we can do sorry, he claims he bought it off someone else’. good luck getting your bike back if i were you i would contact the shop and tell them its yours and has been reported stolen so they remove it from sale.

.duncan
    Free Member

Hopefully its all good news!

Its worrying how far bike theives are going now, the University of Sheffield cycling club has seen quite a few bikes go missing, all D locked and taken before 6pm.

Worst we’ve had so far is a block of flats being broken into where, out of site of the door / any view into the building one white orange p7 was stolen despite having series 4 thing on it. He must have been followed home and they seemed pretty determined!

soulwood
    Free Member

Unlike Thorpie, Hillsborough is my patch. I’ve left a voicemail message for the owner, hopefully he will call me so I can get this thieving toerag myself.

Coyote
    Free Member

And…

shelf
    Free Member

Hi everyone,

Sorry – hadn’t realised I was leaving you all in suspense! The shop have taken it off sale (I am told, although the auction seems to disagree) but said they couldn’t hand it over without the police being present. I have seen it and 100% it’s mine.

Police are coming out tomorrow so I can prove it’s mine, then my understanding is we’re off to the shop to get it back.

Thanks soulwood for your voicemail, sorry I couldn’t answer. Just received it now (not the best weekend to be away without phone signal!), I will give you a call tomorrow morning. Also going to phone shop manager again to ask why it’s still on his website.

Thanks again everyone for the help and crossed fingers! Hopefully tomorrow is the day…
    Stu

imnotverygood

What with this thread and the mcmoonter tree saga I’m in a state of terrible anxiety every time I come on this board.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Good news Shelf……… 😀

shelf
    Free Member

Even better news… It’s back! Policeman is coming back to take a statement but I have just triumphantly ridden home from the shop!

Best of all, the shop has a photo, name and address of the guy who sold it to them.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fanflippingtastic!

portlyone

hoorah!

solarider
    Free Member

For the first time ever, I genuinely clenched my fist and punched the air with joy!

Great result. Shame you can’t get a copy of the name, address and photo. I would be happy to ‘investigate’ that particular individual myself if I were you!

MrsToast
    Free Member

😀

Proper heartwarming outcome. OK, it would have been better if it hadn’t have been nabbed in the first place, but it just goes to show that it’s definitely worthwhile putting the word out if your bike’s been nicked.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Good news to get it back.

However, and I hope I am not over estimating the intelligence of the person who nicked it, just be careful that they are not waiting for you to get your ‘insurance’ replacement before coming back for a 2nd attempt.

Clover

Hurray! Excellent news (I was with Imnotverygood and the terrible anxiety brigade). 😀

swavis

Yay! A big pat on the back for Whos_Daddy and al2000 and it’s great shelf’s got his bike back! 😀

shelf
    Free Member

Yep, massive thanks to Whos_Daddy and al2000!

FunkyDunc – Good point, I won’t be leaving “proper” bikes at work any more, have a special for that now! And an upgraded alarmed and locked shed.

To his credit, the new (wasn’t there when it was sold to them) manager at the shop seemed very keen to help and to avoid the same thing happening again.

Coyote
    Free Member

Way Hay!!!

ransos
    Free Member

Best of all, the shop has a photo, name and address of the guy who sold it to them.

Very similar story to a friend of mine – saw her bike in Cash Converters. Despite giving the police all of the details above, they still didn’t deem it worthy of their time to do anything.

Still, at least you got your bike back. Well done!

racefaceec90

that’s fantastic news 😀 (just read this thread) i hope the person who stole the bike will be bought to justice (may 1000 wasps sting their genital region vigorously/then the police sort them out 😀

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Shelf – No worries, anytime. 😉

Al2000 – High 5 fella, well spotted!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Great outcome 8)

handyman
    Free Member

Brilliant, chainsaw handy if needed

bikeryder85
    Free Member

fantastic news! been waiting for the outcome all weekend! enjoy having your ride back, hope the bugger that took it burns for this one! 😈

mamadirt
    Free Member

Wooooooooo! 😀

scruzer
    Free Member

Great news! And another massive shout for whos_daddy and al2000. At least I can uncross my fingers now!! Well done all.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Fantastic! woop woop!

al2000

Shelf – No worries, anytime.

Al2000 – High 5 fella, well spotted!!

Ha ha – nice one! Excellent work spotting it and posting it up!

This is brilliant news, really pleased you’ve got your bike back Shelf.

I’m Sheffield born and bred and although I no longer live there, I pay attention to any stolen bikes as still got family and friends up there.

The Yeti stuck in my mind as I know the area it was nicked from well, (and I like Yeti Arc’s – they’re very nice) so it rang bells as soon as Whos_Daddy posted it.

😀

simonm
    Free Member

Excellent Result.. There is one other coup like this going down at moment, can’t say anything at now, but another win for the Sheffield MTB community I hope.

Drillski
    Free Member

Nice work fellas!
    Shame we can’t get results like this more often.
    You’d perhaps think that the cops might have a dedicated search engine/piece of software that would automatically cross match stolen goods with internet auctions and perhaps shortlist these sorts of things for closer inspection? I mean, sure, with tellies there would be millions and it would be a needle in a haystack, but cetain things, eg MTB’s, perhaps motorcycles, ?

Or am i just being a bit too 21st century ?

It’d make a heck of a difference if these clowns couldn’t shift their illgotten gains via t’interweb easily.

Again, nice result!

blades2000
    Free Member

Excellent result all round. Lets hope whoever stole the bike gets the Karma they deserve.

Nick

justatheory
    Free Member

Bravo to whos_daddy and al2000!

Congratulations Shelf!

Superficial
    Free Member

Cool!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Anyone "lost" a Yeti Arc in Sheffield?’ is closed to new replies.