Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone live near the old McMullens Brewery site in Hertford ?
  • revs1972
    Free Member

If you do, would you be kind enough to take some pictures of it for me ?
    I need up to date pictures of the railings and gates mainly on the perimeter of the site, preferably with the building in the background ?
    Thanks in advance if anyone can
    Cheers

bencooper
    Free Member

Have you looked on http://www.28dayslater.co.uk ?

revs1972
    Free Member

Just registered and had a look, but they are from 2009-2011.
    Basically, we did all the refurbishment of the metal works there, and I had the photos stored on a portable hard drive. Now I can’t find the drive after a change of jobs. I want some pictures for a website I am building, and would like to avoid having to drive all the way up there to take some more if I can.
    Cheers for the headsup though. Some interesting pictures on there

Bimbler
    Free Member

Plop, I was close to there last night, if you still need them by then I can take a few snaps on Thursday evening.

revs1972
    Free Member

Hi Bimbler,

Thank you, missed your post unfortunately, but if you are there again in the future it would be appreciated. 😀
    Cheers

aP
    Free Member

Do you mean the supermarket or the conservation work on the existing building.

Bimbler
    Free Member

revs – Couldn’t make it last night (sodding M25), away at weekend but will definitely be near there in next week, if you don’t get anything before happy to do it.

numbnut
    Free Member

I can get some over the weekend – I’m only 2 miles down the road in Ware.
    Iphone quality photos OK?

revs1972
    Free Member

Yes, they will be for a website so that would be great.
    Thanks for doing that, you are a star

revs1972
    Free Member

numb nut

They are excellent, and it looks like a lovely day there. Thank you very much for taking the time out to take the pictures.
    Have they done anything with the building yet? . They were meant to have a retail area behind the big double gates and there was talk of a museum and some residential in there.

Cheers

revs1972
    Free Member

And thanks for the over offers to help. Much appreciated. It was the conservation work, mainly the gates and railings that we replaced to match the existing that were beyond repair

StirlingCrispin

There’s a Facebook group dedicated to photos of Hertford and Ware.
    I’m sure one of the group will be able to help if required.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/photosofhertfordandware/?fref=nf

(I grew up in Hertford – please tell me the place still smells of maltings)

numbnut
    Free Member

Revs,

It all looked pretty empty. Hertford had a problem with empty retail units so maybe they’re biding their time and waiting for the market to improve.
    I looped round on the way back from a ride as its not somewhere I usually go in Hertford as its tucked out of the way and I was surprised to see a Sainsburys at the back!

Stirling,
    I don’t think there are any working maltings in Hertford (or Ware for that matter) anymore but maybe Stansted Abbotts?

revs1972
    Free Member

Yeah Sainsburys paid for the refurbishment as part of getting planning to build the new store I believe.
    Can’t imagine they are short of a bob or two

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone live near the old McMullens Brewery site in Hertford ?’ is closed to new replies.