Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone live near Hadleigh Farm want to loan out a parking space?
  • fatboyjon

Morning all, we’re off to watch the womens MTB race tomorrow and a last minute change of plan means we’re driving instead of going by public transport. The park and ride on the website says it’s a 50 minute drive and 20 minute walk away which sounds a bit bobbins with a 2 year old who’ll already be well bored of travelling. Any one like to lend us a space on their drive nearby for a few quid/few beers/bottle of wine?

Thanks all.

konagirl
    Free Member

The park and ride on the website says it’s a 50 minute drive and 20 minute walk away

I thought the Park and Ride is at Barleylands? If so, under normal traffic its only about 20 mins away. If they’re stating 50 mins, that suggests they’re expecting Basildon/A127/South Benfleet to be grid locked. So driving won’t be much better!

The 20 minute walk is probably similar to the queue a friend of ours experienced for the rowing at Eton Dorney. They had put on transport from train stations and then dropped everyone off at the start of a 1km, 10m wide path where they were essentially queueing to go through the security. But it was moving, so a much nicer atmosphere than say, an airport. I guess it took 20 mins to get into the barriered part of the venue.

The timings will be conservative to try and encourage people to get there early, not to miss anything.

Even by public transport, I think the train station is 2 miles from the venue, so there is probably a similar bus journey and ‘walk’.

Clink

How far from Barleylands to venue? Is it worth walking to avoid hassle?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tinsy
    Free Member

Drop me a line fatty. jtinda12 at ford dot com

bigdawg
    Free Member

the park and ride is now at the ford tracotr factory in Basildon (was supposed to be on Canvey but not finishing sadlers farm junction basically screwed that).

the easiest way to get to the venue will be by train -and walk / get the shuttle – from leigh station its a 40 minute walk (some up some pretty steep hills) or 20 minutes on the shuttle bus.

There are two roads (the A13 or A127) to get youto hadleigh – the A13 will be closed partly which means everyone wanted to go anywhere will be on the A127 – on a good day this is gridlocked on a saturday – tomorrow I doubt youll go anywhere in a car.

I live in Southend Im getting the train and walking, with a 2 year and 4 year old, we’ll put them on our shoulders, or get the shuttle if its not a huge queue.

I really cant stress enough the car is not the way to get here unless youre leaving today

tinsy
    Free Member

As bigdawg has said, the whole area is going to be shutdown to cars. Use the train.

Grizla
    Free Member

bigdawg, do you reckon it’s gonna be a struggle to get to the park and ride in a car too?

fatboyjon

Thanks for the advice, and the offer Tinsy. We’ve got a suitable drive to park on. Bike people are just the best 😀

bigdawg
    Free Member

getting to the park and ride will be easy its far enough out of town – Im assuming part of the reason for closing the A13 is for getting team vehicles and the shuttles thorugh

Grizla
    Free Member

Great, cheers.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone live near Hadleigh Farm want to loan out a parking space?’ is closed to new replies.