Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone knowledgeable about getting a visa into the UK?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

…for my Turkish GF?

TIA, will give deets via pm

tjagain

Good luck. Odds close to zero I would say. A pal of mine actually married a turkish citizen and still was refused a visa for them. they ended up living in turkey

MoreCashThanDash

Good luck OP

*goes off disappointed this wasn’t a Matt Hancock joke*

ton

a mate went to live in Thailand about 10 years ago. married a girl over there.
    came home pre pandemic and applied for a visa. no chance.
    went back to Thailand through pandemic, they had a little lad.
    came back last year and got a visa straight away.

MSP

a visitors visa or a more permanent visa?

There are a lot of variables, ie wealth,  her job/career and if that is a skill the UK is looking for, will you be supporting her etc.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Funnily enough my mate is living in Turkey with his Mrs as he couldn’t get her into the UK.

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

Basically it’s all about money. If you get married to her then apply for a visa for your spouse you need to have enough money in the bank and a good salary to show she will be fully supported by you. They also check to see if it’s a serious relationship not a sham one for a passport only.

So boxes to tick:
    Married
    Serious relationship (what colour are her eyes etc)
    You have a house/flat.
    You earn above £27k pa.

You should then get a 2.5 year visa. Costs a couple of grand for visa.
    She has to stay for 10 years before you can apply for indefinite leave to remain. Then citizenship and UK passport.

All in all very expensive. Oh and the home office is very slow and inefficient so be prepared for frustration. You may need to use an immigration lawyer and invoke the ECHR. Although be wary the tories want to scrap it and create a UK bill of rights.

vlad_the_invader

My niece married a Ukrainian back in 2017 – he got a temporary residence visa of some sort and was told he could get UK citizenship after 5 years (there were various other hoops they have to jump through).
    They are now past 5 years in the UK but he’s not got his citizenship yet. I’ve no idea whether he’s been screwed by Brexit…

(Edit: wot he said above…)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks guys – it’s just a tourist visa for a few weeks.

She did apply previously but was rejected. Now she’s stopped working 🙁

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.