Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone know where I can get a cheap avid or sram hydraulic brake lever?
  • 5plusn8
    Free Member

My Elixir 5 lever has sprung a leak, the caliper is fine, have bled and tested it. I can get the lever rebuild kit for 33 quid (needs 2 kits to solve my issue), however I recon any avid or sram lever will work. But I cant find any bargain levers. Anything Elixir onwards would suit me.
    I would happily rebuild the lever assy but at 33quid I am worried that the body might be knackered and would rather try and find a lever.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Here? 17.49 for a front brake..

stumpy01

I’ve got a pair of Elixir 5’s stripped down in the garage; I think the hoses are removed at the lever end, but still attached to the calipers, but I’d have to check.
    The aim was to re-build them – the caliper pistons are sticking, but when I looked at the cost of a couple of re-build kits compared to buying a full set of new SLX, I just bought the SLX.

As far as I am aware, the levers are fine. Dunno what the going rate would be, but I’m happy to send you the whole lot; i.e. 2xcalipers, 2xlevers and 2xhoses for not a lot of money.
    I’ve got a sensible price in my head…..make me an offer & we can sort something out, if you are interested.

5plusn8
    Free Member

joey deacon – yea seen that, thanks. I also like the Sram Level brake too at 29quid.
    Stumpy – given I can get what I want with warranty for 17 quid in Joey’s link above (its the “elixir replacement” apparently) and I only need 1 lever, I would be too embarrassed to make a low offer…
    (Stealth edit to take out my low offer)

stumpy01

HA HA. OK. Well, I didn’t see your edited offer, but I was thinking £15 delivered for the lot – calipers, levers & hoses as they are.

But, I’d have to check the state of them & whether they would be worth sending out – I don’t want to send you out a load of scrap!

It’s entirely up to you – that link to a full brake for £17 is pretty hard to pass up to be honest.

Let me know, anyway. I won’t be offended if you don’t want them… 😀

5plusn8
    Free Member

Stumpy – I have gone for the cheapo new – thanks for the offer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know where I can get a cheap avid or sram hydraulic brake lever?’ is closed to new replies.