Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Anyone know when the XT shadow-plus mechs are out?
  • Northwind

I think it’s officially the 2013 XT line but Shimano launch early IIRC…

warpcow
    Free Member

Didn’t they say end of May for the SLX and XT long-cage version? I only (think I) remember cos the medium-cage that I want doesn’t come until October 👿

arfur
    Free Member

Any updates? Wanting a new xt gearset, but decided to wait for shadow+….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

Last I saw said 2013 🙁 Hang in there 9-speed stuff!

smiff
    Free Member

yeah if my rear mech lasts until july i’ll get the slx medium cage one.

when is SRAM’s type2 out though?

am not waiting for those new cranks, they look worse than old ones imho. and there ain’t much point in changing cranks if they’re not pretty :p

deanfbm
    Free Member

Like time i checked madison availability, it said june 30th.

honourablegeorge

smiff – Member

when is SRAM’s type2 out though?

August date on a few US sites that are already offering them on presale.

kelvin

And Zee?

simondbarnes

And Zee?

End of June

kelvin

Ta.

Northwind

Nice one, cheers!

neil853
    Free Member

What the hell how much is the XT going to be?!!!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

£55 isn’t too bad for a mech that eliminates the need for a chain device (minimum cost of £16)

mtbfix

I’m not sure that it totally eliminates the need for a chain device. Just a sign of the ever upward creep of component pricing.

smiff
    Free Member

i heard SRAM will be same price as their old mechs. planning on going SRAM 2 x 10 or 1 x 10 here.

edit: yeah £55 **** off my current mechs were £30 ish, not spending twice that on something that will get smashed on a rock.

Northwind

Non-clutch SLX rear mechs are £45-ish. Not a big difference, especially when you consider that this is launch price for a cool new product- give it a little time and see what they cost then.

Superficial
    Free Member

Is XTR unchanged for 2013 then? I fancy a drivetrain upgrade but I was hoping for something new and shiny (as opposed to the common-as-muck 2012 XTR, obviously).

Mister-P
    Free Member

New groups for 2013 are SLX, Saint and Zee. XTR gets the clutch mech but other than that carries on as it is.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Just buy from Germany, SLX stuff seems to be a bargain when I use google.de instead :mrgreen:

fisgard
    Free Member

a chap at the shimano tent at fort bill last sunday, said to me that the XT version would be available in a couple of months and priced around £65, with the SLX version to follow

timmys

a chap at the shimano tent at fort bill last sunday, said to me that the XT version would be available in a couple of months and priced around £65, with the SLX version to follow

Are you sure that’s what he said? Every other bit of info I’ve seen has said the SLX version is coming before the XT.

justatheory
    Free Member

These are out now. Available on http://www.bikediscount.de for £60

variflex
    Free Member

They are available now. Just upgraded one of my bikes with full 2013 XT set including clutch rear mech. Also had to buy a spare as problems getting xtr spare parts for my yeti that mashed itself. I’m paying about 84 before 15% discount and my lbs fit for free for xt clutch rear mech. Xt clutch rear mech looks good but I don’t think it looks as solid as xtr

daver27
    Free Member

I’ve had mine for a few weeks now, 2nd ride today and its already failed. looks like mine is missing the seal around the clutch mechanism housing and has corroded up which stops the cage from springing back so the chain stays slack. just a warning to you guys to pop the cover off and see if the seal is there, if not, you will end up with a rapid failure.

when it was working, man it was awesome!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know when the XT shadow-plus mechs are out?’ is closed to new replies.