Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Anyone know when Hope will be releasing the purple bits?
  • amplebrew

I was hoping that someone in the know might be ale to confirm when Hope are going to start producing the new purple anodised parts?

They’ve told me that they’re going to offer the new Tech 3 X2 brakes in anodised purple, but keep avoiding telling me when they’ll be available.

Ta, Andy

nixie

Normal Hope release schedule 😀

20xx where xx is the current year +1

amplebrew

nixie – Member
    Normal Hope release schedule

😆

They are being very secretive about a release date.

I’ve contacted them a few times and they keep avoiding the question.

They’ll be perfect for a new build I’ve got coming up, but I don’t want to wait xx +1 year to get them 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Surely the release date is actually 1991.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Surely the release date is actually 1991.

😆

amplebrew

I don’t think I ever left the 90’s 🙂

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

aracer
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong – if they really are doing purple ano again then I might have another look at Hope bits, having moved on to even more niche products since I last bought any. My hardtail frame even has purple ano lugs (and sparkly gold tubes) – it is after all a ’92 frame!

GolfChick
    Free Member

whaaaaaat!! hope are releasing purple anno things!! Good lord I hope they release the new tech 3 e4 in purple. I would buy immediately!!

amplebrew

I think the anodised purple is great, but I started mountain biking back in 1990.

GolfChick – Member
    whaaaaaat!! hope are releasing purple anno things!! Good lord I hope they release the new tech 3 e4 in purple. I would buy immediately!!

I asked Hope if they were going to produce the Race brakes in purple, buy they said that the colour was just going to be offered on the new Tech 3 X2’s.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

They’ll be ready about the same time as their combined cassette/freehub.

scuttler

Has Onza been acquired by Hope?
    Are bar-ends back in?
    Stick me down for a pair.

tomhoward

I thought it was current month +5, but don’t specify the year?

bigblackshed

Normal conversations with Hope go along the lines of:

When will that be available? “At some point in time”
    How long will it take? “Some time”
    How much will it cost? “Some money”

Probably, realistically, some time after never.

parkesie
    Free Member

Purple. Just make it and take my money.

amplebrew

scuttler – Member
    Has Onza been acquired by Hope?
    Are bar-ends back in?
    Stick me down for a pair.

It would be fantastic if Onza still made the welded titanium bar ends.

I’ve managed to get my name down for a pair of purple Paul Comp hubs for a future build and thought that a set of purple brakes would be ideal.

Surely it can’t be hard for someone like Hope to do a run of purple anodising. They don’t seem keen on giving an estimated date though.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

It’s not hard at all for them to do a run of colour, the problem is in the fact it stops profitable lines being produced whilst they’re doing it as they have to stop doing those. There’s only so much production time available and it’s already running at capacity.

amplebrew

According to Hope the purple was going to be a normal production colour rather than a limited run, so they must think it’s going to sell.

They’ll probably bring them out within hours of me fitting a set of standard black Hope brakes and trimming the hoses so I can’t send them back 🙄

Macavity
    Free Member

Buy the silver version then get it purple anodized yourself?

amplebrew

Macavity – Member
    Buy the silver version then get it purple anodized yourself?

I’m not really wanting to pay more with Hope bringing it out as a standard colour.

Hopefully it won’t be too far off, fingers crossed.

matt_outandabout

banks
    Free Member

Just get the normal brakes then pay to have them purple, hope should do it, they’ve done a few custom one-offs for me.

amplebrew

That looks cool Matt, did Hope anodise the caliper?

@ banks – It never even entered my head that Hope would do a custom one-off.

matt_outandabout

Not mine. As above, just google it, there are lots of companies that will anodize for you. Buy a plain set, get others to do it.

amplebrew

I think I’ll hang off for a few more weeks and see if Hope bring out the purple so I don’t have the hassle and cost of having to get the brakes anodised.

I’ve really got until December before I need them.

Hope they bring out hubs in purple as well, that would be really great.

covertbaz
    Free Member

Banks how did you get them to do custom? Have asked previously and been told it’s not something they do

tangent
    Free Member

v.interesting!…green for the team, purple for the people, hopefully so!

aracer
    Free Member

Not a big fan of mismatched purple ano – which as can be seek from that photo is a bit of a risk unless you get all your parts done together.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Having this on my yellow NP Mega. 😈

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Want some of that!

Would look awesome on my green frame……

🙂

clubber
    Free Member

I WANT PURPLE

AND GOLD

simonbowns
    Free Member

Gold, order it now.

Purple – we don’t know timing yet, but can take preorders now to get backordered ready for first delivery.

Here’s a bit of blurb and a list of the purple bits that are/will be available - click!

amplebrew

Looking at the pic above, it looks like it’s a completely different shade to my Paul Comp hubs 😥

Might just be the light, will have to see it in the flesh to compare.

Looking at the PDF, they’re only producing the Tech 3’s in purple which is a shame. I was sort of hoping that they’d include the Race Evo X2’s in the new colour.

Stevet1
    Free Member

I don’t just want purple, I want 3DV 😀

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know when Hope will be releasing the purple bits?’ is closed to new replies.