Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone know whats happened to Zero G in Bristol
  • woody74

As per the title, seems like they have all closed and ceased trading, whats the story as Bedminster branch was really busy on Saturday

clubber
    Free Member

Really sad to hear this as Paul (Mr Bike Fest) is a top bloke.

I’ve only heard rumours but apparently the usual cashflow issues. Seems to have come as a surpise to most people including the staff.

flatfish
    Free Member

Can’t have been that much of a surprise, I’d heard from other shops around town that things weren’t all rosy about 5-6 months ago.

Feel sorry for the staff that haven’t been paid though.

wookie
    Free Member

Really sad to hear as they’ve always been helpful.

Hope the staff find something new soon, never nice to lose your job.

khegs
    Free Member

Gone into Administration, apparently.

The Bemmy & Park street stores are gone, as is the Downend shop

The giant store in sadly broke is, ironically enough, still trading

eskay

Real shame for all involved. Used the bedminster one quite a few times and they were a good bunch.

karen805
    Free Member

Very sad to be hearing this. The Downend store was my LBS, I always found then very helpful and friendly, bought a few bikes and bits from them over the years.

I thought it was a bit odd when Jon announced he was leaving last Friday.

Feel very sorry for the staff, it’s come around quickly though, they were only advertising for a mechanic for Downend in April!

wavejumper
    Free Member

Really sad to hear. They were a top LBS. I used the Beddy and Park Street stores regularly. Don’t know where I will head now in my time of need??
    Really nice and helpful staff.
    🙁

wrecker
    Free Member

Zero G Bedminster, Park St and Downend stores have now ceased trading.

Giant Bradley Stoke is unaffected, business as usual, please visit http://www.giant-bristol.co.uk for more details.

Shame, Paul is a decent bloke. I hope he continues with the bikefest. The Bedminster store was the best LBS within a mile or so of the centre. The Downend store had some good people in, but they held no stock. I kept trying to buy from them, but they had nothing to sell me (as a MTBer).

jonxmack
    Free Member

Check this out, posted on Bristol Bikefest this morning

Good morning all,It is with sadness and regret that we announce the closure of Zero G cycles and Specialized Concept…

Posted by Paul Newman on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

boxfish
    Free Member

Big shame for all those staff…the North Street shop was always worth popping in to for a browse and a chat.

andyrm
    Free Member

I was in there earlier today to collect a bike. Very, very sad times.

Paul is a top bloke who’s become a good friend, as have many of his team at the stores.

Tough economic times, slow sales, all the usual things that are decimating the UK retail industry were to blame and it’s a real shame for all affected, including Paul. I can’t imagine how it must have felt having to deliver the news.

From what I hear though, Bikefest, Bristol Belter etc are all safe and Paul will really get stuck in.

Good luck to him.

woody74

Real shame but I guess like all businesses nowadays you need both a shop and internet channel to survive.

Philby

Sad to see the stores close and staff lose their jobs, particularly in Britain’s first Cycling City and soon to be European Green Capital.

On a selfish note I am relieved that I cashed in some gift vouchers, which I have had since Christmas, for a new helmet in the Specialized Helmet Amnesty a couple of weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know whats happened to Zero G in Bristol’ is closed to new replies.