Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone know what this means (computer language content)
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Server Error in ‘/’ Application.
    ——————————————————————————–

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code

Comes up in a new tab when I log onto internet. To me it’s all gobbledysh!te. There’s loads more of the same on the page too.

baldSpot
    Free Member

wwaswas

whatever you’ve got your browser pointed to as a home page is broke.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

It’s a bug in the code behind the site – the code has probably followed an execution path that has led to some object it relies on not having being allocated, or looked up from some repository based on your logon credentials, earlier.

Email a screenshot to the admin address on the page…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Looks like a dotNet and C# exception in a web-application. Other than that I can’t add much.

organic355
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

organic355, your’e a genius. I thought thats what it might be.
    Thanks for the sensible replies fellas but its like me saying to you, ‘you won’t get ROTL or tag cos you haven’t done PASRO, TSP or had any interaction with your CARAT worker & beside you haven’t reached your RDR date either’ 😉

poppa
    Free Member

*sigh* The internet is broken, and you need to get a new one.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

*sigh* The internet is broken, and you need to get a new one.

Well it obviously isn’t ‘broken’ is it, cos I can access everything as normal, just this keeps popping up occasionally & i don’t know what it means, so either enlighten me in plain lingo or…not.
    (sorry but the children on here annoy me after a while)

prettygreenparrot

poppa you beat me to it.

Turnerguy and buzz have it. Dodgy programming or broken server bits. Pick a different site. You’re not using Internet Explorer are you?

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Try installing a new browser (firefox?) or getting an iMac.

mogrim

Try installing a new browser (firefox?) or getting an iMac.

Not sure how that will really help – the problem is that his new page tab is set to a broken web site, you can do that in Firefox (and probably Safari) too.

Check out the settings in your browser, there’s a setting that allows you to define the page that new tabs point to. Use “about:blank” instead of the URL (http://wwww.something_or_other.com/something/else) that it’s using at the moment.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know what this means (computer language content)’ is closed to new replies.