Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Anyone know what this is called?
  • beicmodur
    Free Member

Connects to bosch motor on ebike, need to pull it apart for internal routing but can’t find out what it’s called for instructions.

jam-bo

It’s a connector. hTH

km79
    Free Member

It’s a connector attached to a cable. hTH

Drac

It’s a connector attached to 4 cables. HTH

onandon
    Free Member

A Rasta lead and connector. HTH

Andyhilton
    Free Member

quad connector e-doofer. HTH

ads678

It’s a connector attached to yellow green blue and red cables sheathed in black casing. Hth

tomhoward

What they said hTH

breadcrumb

It’s a connector attached to yellow green blue black and red cables sheathed in black casing. Hth

hTh

wiggles
    Free Member

A Rasta lead and connector[i]joint[/i].

Hth

Davesport

When you say “pull it apart” are you anticipating its destruction?

Usually the pins are crimped onto the individual wires then slid into the plastic plug body. There’s a miniscule tag on the pin that keeps the pin in the plug. Look into the end of the plug where the pins stick out and use something like a small jewelers screwdriver to depress the tag and the pull the wires and pins out of the plug.

Am I missing something?

HTH!

v8ninety

If you want to know routing, use a ohmmeter and test each pin in turn. Non destructive testing FTW. Also, HTH

jag61

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ive-got-an-e-bike-ask-me-anything
    ask this bloke
    does the red wire connect to some more red wire further down ?
    😉 HTH but doubt it

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

The yellow cable takes currants.
    The red cable takes sultanas.
    The green cable is just cool.
    The black cable does whatever the other cables fail to do.

JohnJohn
    Free Member

Cut the red wire
    No wait…
    the blue one
    Definitely the blue one

JohnJohn
    Free Member

Or the yellow

tomhoward

Actually, is it ‘Geoffrey’?

Adam?

Simon?

Ian?

mattyfez

It looks like there’s an adapter stuck on the end of something else which is probably a more standard plug ..

Superficial
    Free Member

You might have more luck on a motorbike forum?

mattyfez

It looks like there’s an adapter stuck on the end of something else which is probably a more standard plug ..

choppersquad
    Free Member

Sorry….what does HTH stand for?

Drac

HTH HTH

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Ignore all the previous erroneous (but well meaning) comments. It’s a Bosch ebike connector cable, obviously.

funkmasterp

Sorry….what does HTH stand for?

Not just me then.

OP – it’s different flavoured liquorice whips attached to a bit of black plastic.

convert

Is this some adaption going on? If intended for internal routing surely it would not have that monster on it? Does it fit into an equivalent female socket attached to another wirte or into something. If the former could you cut off both plugs and replace with a standard bit of chocolate block.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Dunno what it is, but your grass needs cutting and your shed could do with a coat of Ronseal One Coat.

HTHs.

captmorgan
    Free Member

I’m not comfortable with projecting traditional gender roles and it would be better if you were to ask what it would like to be addressed as.

cranberry
    Free Member

Ja-maker/breaker

tthew

HTH = Hope that helps.

HTH.

rOcKeTdOg

HTH = Hope that helps.

Hope this helps actually

HTH

jonnyboi

All I see is triangles, lots of triangles

jon1973
    Free Member

It’s a parping couplet.

jonm81

It is a bosch proprietry connector. You will not be able to buy one from elsewhere.

If you want to find out it’s pin allocation use a multimeter. It is almost certainly routed so that the pin directly below each wire is connected to that wire.

Edit: hth

molgrips
    Free Member

If it were me, I’d snip the four cores and re-join them. You can get a special tool to remove the pins from plugs like that – look on ebay – but it’s going to be hard to be sure if you’ve got it right or if it’ll work.

You might be able to get compatible connectors on the internet somewhere, but without the proper crimping tools it’ll be more faff than simply breaking and rejoining the wire.

Warning though – if that’s connected to a battery you have to be incredibly careful because snipping them all together will short the battery out – and then having dangling bare wires around could also create shorts. And if it’s a Li-ion battery and you short it out you’ll trip the protection circuit and ruin it.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know what this is called?’ is closed to new replies.