• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by SiB.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone know what the A7 is like form Edinburgh to Carlisle?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Trying to sort a route from EH7 4EA to S40 3NS

molgrips
    Free Member

Riding or driving?

It’s endless rolling beautiful moorland type scenery, with very few junctions never mind towns to stop at. Gorgeous. Wasn’t busy when we used to do it, but that was 15-odd years ago.

Definitely worth it. Old school motoring – stopping at the towns for refreshments etc.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

riding

irc

What about the A701 to Moffat then the old A74 now B7076 to Gretna? Can’ comment on the A7 but I drove the A701 last year. Very little traffic and bendy enough to keep what cars there are down at sensible speeds. I think all the through traffic is on the A702 which is more or less parallel.

Not much in it for distance. The A701 about 3 miles shorter on google maps. I don’t know the A7 but I’m guessing as the main route from Edinburgh to the borders it will be much busier.

Garry_Lager

It’s very scenic for long stretches – only driven it though. For riding it’s not that busy IME, which is a plus, but is quite wibbly and invites progressive driving. Find me a quiet A-road in the UK that people don’t speed on though.

rickmeister

On a motorbike its a great ride, on a quiet day in a car, its a great drive… on a push bike, cant recommend it,

Plenty of radar stuff to keep you on your toes.

SiB
    Free Member

RS6 would be better fun

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know what the A7 is like form Edinburgh to Carlisle?’ is closed to new replies.