Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • PACE 2014 – anyone know what they're up to?
  • AlexSimon

Just vague comments like:

We are currently designing, prototyping and finalising our new frame range, in the true spirit of PACE cycles we are doing things in our own way, we think you will agree that it’ll be worth the wait!

Exciting times ahead for Pace this year!

New products coming out soon including our new frame range – keep your eyes peeled…

Anyone have any insight?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’m sure they say that first comment every year!

faustus

Does anyone know what they’ve been doing for the past couple of years?

FOG

When I was at Dalby last Autumnish they had a nice prototype looking steel hardtail around but I can’t remember wheelsize. There was also a tease in one of the comics ages ago about a new f/s platform due soon but that must have at least been a year+ since.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Does anyone know what they’ve been doing for the past couple of years?

From some of the posts on hear I suspect dealing with warranty issues! Hope they can sort that out and re-establish a good reputation as they do make some lovely frames.

Smuzzy
    Free Member

They aren’t doing the RC129 anymore cos I’ve just tried to buy one 🙁

AlexSimon

Smuzzy – Member

They aren’t doing the RC129 anymore cos I’ve just tried to buy one
    Hmmm – surprised – that seems to be the most modern frame on their site.

BearBack
    Free Member

nice prototype looking steel hardtail around but I can’t remember wheelsize.

27.5 of course!

pace rc127

My Soul is sold once I can get my hands on one of these.
    Pace focussed on Dalby as a project as far as I understand.

itstig

Pace are involved in a new bike hire/ shop at the Sutton bank visitor centre N Yorks, next to the A170. They have some routes developed and are trail building to the north and east of the visitor centre. I called in before christmas, I think there a couple or 29er frames one 26er and an assembled 27.5 I’m sure the hire bikes were focus. Adrian Carter was absolutely emphatic that 26 is dead and 27.5 was the way gave me loads of sales guff as to why it is. The steel frames had a nice satin/matt paint job that’s all I noticed.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Whhhhaaaatttt, no RC129????

Why on this earth not? That was/is one of the best looking bikes rolling out these days. Had I not had my OneNiner frame hanging on the wall ready to build up I would have bought one of these.. 🙄

AlexSimon

Wonder if they’re building at the Cotic factory 🙂

chestrockwell

After the issues I had trying to get them to sort my DT forks and some other stuff I’ve heard I can only assume they have very little interest in forks or frames any more and must be making their money some other way.

Seems to me they lost their soul when the original partnership broke up. Shame as I used to really want their kit.

benji
    Free Member

Got a RC129 and it is indeed a lovely ride. They had the 650b prototype floating about, before it went to magazine land to be reviewed, and a carbon 29er they were prototyping (importing from china). Their website should be updated but it’s not 🙁

Paceman
    Free Member

The Pace RC405 was was one of the best full-sussers I’ve ever ridden, I’m looking forward to seeing what they’re updated version is like.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘PACE 2014 – anyone know what they're up to?’ is closed to new replies.