Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone know there Hope hub adaptors well?
  • scud
    Free Member

Building a bike for Alps and have two sets of wheels Stans Flow on Pro Evo 2 hubs and normal Shimano freehub body, other set of wheels is Stans Arch so less strong rim, with Pro 4 hubs labelled 148 and 110 on the actual hub body but with SRAM GX hub body…bike / fork needs Boost spacing

So ideally as i have a new SRAM 11-50 NX Cassette that fits the Flow wheels shimano hubbed body, and they are the stronger rim, Hope website seems to state that the Boost hub adaptors from Pro 4 should fit the Pro 2 Evo hubs, so take them from wheelset to the other? Is that the case even though the hubs are marked 110/148?

rockthreegozy

If the Flow set are non boost and running the Boost apapter then no it’s at least one different end cap on the dedicated boost hubs.

damascus
    Free Member

Pro 4 hubs labelled 148 and 110

These hubs are boost already so they have normal adapters.

Your hope pro 2s are  100f and 135r wide. They need hope boost adapters to be 110 and 148

I’m not sure what size your hubs would be if you put the adapters from boost hubs onto non boost hubs

scud
    Free Member

These hubs are boost already so they have normal adapters.

Your hope pro 2s are 100f and 135r wide. They need hope boost adapters to be 110 and 148

I’m not sure what size your hubs would be if you put the adapters from boost hubs onto non boost hubs

I probably didn’t word it well sorry. I know one is boost and one non-boost, what i was trying to ask i think, was whether it is the adaptors on the Pro4 hubs making them boost, as such, can i use those adaptors to make the Pro2 Evo hubs boost? Hope website seems to say that the Pro2 Evo and the Pro 4 use them the same adaptors, but doesn’t seem to say that is the case if the Pro4 hubs are labelled 110/148 (does that make them boost only so adaptors won’t work elsewhere..?)

nbt

I htikn the HUBS are different – the Pro4 a wider Boost hubs, the Pro32 are old school. If that’s correct, then yes, the adapters would be the same

rockthreegozy

Yes, the 110/148 hubs just use normal end caps the shells make them boost.

You’ll need the boost conversion kit for the Pro2 evos and I can’t remember if that requires a wheel re-dish or not..

scud
    Free Member

Thanks Rockthreegozy, that makes sense…

euain

If it doesn’t need a re-dish, you’re going to need something to move the brake disk as well (unless there’s enough adjustment in the callipers). You’re going to move them inboard a bit if you’re keeping the rim centred with spacers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.