Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Anyone know their way round the back end of a planet X exocet?
  • Garry_Lager

Trying to fit a new rear wheel to an exocet 2, and it is going in wonky – the previous wheel is fine, but this new one seems v slightly narrower across the hub, so is sitting squint. The problem is that the horizontal dropouts don’t appear to be adjustable – there’s just a spacer in there. If I could adjust one side a bit (my old stealth could do this with just a screw) then I think it would be problem solved – anyone encountered this?

Photo here with the wheel removed (I can unscrew those spacers but I can’t see how they’re adjustable).

I did think about just tightening the bollox off it with a good QR, which does hold it straight, but thought that might be a bit dodgy? Respectable watts being laid down on a TT start, don’t want to case a disk wheel into the chain stay.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

The spacers aren’t adjustable as such but you can get different sized ones in 2.5mm increments but this would be too much for your issue as they’re designed to fit in pairs to get the optimum tyre clearance. If the dish on the wheel is correct then I’d look at filing down the spacer on the side where the tyre is close to the chainstay to centre the wheel, they can be swapped over if you cock it up.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know their way round the back end of a planet X exocet?’ is closed to new replies.