Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Cotic Bfe: Anyone know the year or what version?
  • Premier Icon Chuck Morris

Anyone know the year of this frame or what mk it is?

Cheers

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

There will be a frame number, email Cy @ Cotic and ask.

Premier Icon neila

Looks the same as mine, bought for my 40th by my wife. Mark 2 gratefully received during October 2012 and built up by December.

Premier Icon Chuck Morris

Nobeerinthefridge – I have but I’ve heard nothing back and I want to get ordering parts for it.

Neila- does yours have a 44mm headtube? And have you got a dropper on it by any chance?

Premier Icon jambalaya
    Free Member

Mine is early 2012 (last of that model I think) and from memory does not have the replaceable mech hanger (again I think)

Premier Icon Andy R

Chuck Morris – Member
    Nobeerinthefridge – I have but I’ve heard nothing back and I want to get ordering parts for it.

Wny can’t you anyway?

Premier Icon metalheart

That green first surfaced in 2012, I know because I was lobbying Cy hard to get a Solaris frame in that colour and then up popped the BFe in Matt and those graphics…

Premier Icon neila

Yep, 44mm headtube but no dropper at present. Always meant to fit one but couldn’t decide on which one. Unfortunately road bikes have taken over and the BFe doesn’t get out much. I assumed biking on the road was safer but I had my worst off riding to work in Feb for which I gained stitches, chipped tooth and another scar, hey ho.

Premier Icon chiefgrooveguru
    Free Member

I’m pretty certain that’s a Mk3.

Mk1 was 853 with huge stays, Mk2 was mostly 631, Mk3 was mostly Fm (heat-treated 4130 – basically 631 for less money). Mk4 has updated geometry (more like the 27.5 version). I think the Mk3 was the first with a 44mm head tube and removal mech hanger.

Premier Icon bullroar

Looks the same as mine, replaceable hanger, oval top tube and 44mm head tube. Built mine in February 2013. According to the Cotic site that frame design first saw light of day in June 2012 and was known as “BFe3”.

Premier Icon neila

Just checked mine again, got date wrong. Ordered October 2012 but delivered January 2913, however;
    44mm headtube – check
    Replacement mech hanger – check
    853 and Fm tubing – check

Premier Icon bullroar

That is a long wait 🙂

Premier Icon neila

Ah yes, maybe should read twice and lay off the Aspalls, 2013 of course.

Perfect. Thanks for the info 🙂

Has anyone fit a dropper seat to a mk3 Bfe?

I’m assuming that it will need external cable routing.

Premier Icon bullroar

Yes. Mine has a KS Lev something or other external routing.

Premier Icon tallie
    Free Member

Yes – mine had a reverb.

Cool. Did you guys manage to route the cables alright?

Premier Icon kelvin

It’s this one: http://www.cotic.co.uk/product/classic_BFe26#new

Premier Icon bullroar

Yes. Left hand trigger, cable runs along the right side of the top tube. Mine is 1*10 so no cable for a front mech.

Premier Icon Scamper
    Free Member

Looks identical to mine from Feb 2013.

Premier Icon scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I have a purple one from early 2014, which I think is the same.

My dropper cable is underneath the top tube using the attachments for the front mech as I run 1×10. Left hand trigger. Ks lev.

Ah right. Not sure I can make the leap to 1×10 yet due to my budget. The bits I have for this are 3×9.

Probably cost too much to change.

Premier Icon JAG
    Free Member

Has anyone fit a dropper seat to a mk3 Bfe?

I have one. It runs 3×9 and a non-stealth Reverb Dropper post. There are spare cable attachment points under the top tube that I used to route my Reverb hose.

Premier Icon kayla1
    Free Member

I’ve drilled/slotted my mk2 for a stealth dropper and haven’t died yet- I did a DH on it last weekend too. There’s a good thread on here where some brave loon pioneer drilled a (new?) frame and posted up a mini how-to.

edit- gratuitous BFe pic where you can just see the slot on the lower left front of the seat tube for the dropper cable-

BFes rock.

Great pic.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Bfe: Anyone know the year or what version?’ is closed to new replies.