Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • anyone know the farnborough/surrey area?
  • sadexpunk

as a few of you will know i have a thread going on recognising photos taken by a friend in the lake district.

he has now posted me a few from down south expecting me not to get them, so can you help me out?  other pics in his album show a place called ‘kingfisher on the quay’ and some public toilets that seem to be embedded within canoe bodies.

thanks for any help you can give me 🙂

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and indoor

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

Image may contain: tree, plant, bridge, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: indoor

Image may contain: outdoor

gregsd
    Free Member

The last photo is Woking, near to Woking Borough Council office, Mercia Walk.

kja78
    Free Member

3rd pic is on the Basingstoke canal, around the Deepcut/Pirbright area, definitely cycled past it a few times. 4th I reckon is the Farnborough Air Science Trust museum. Only been there once and was herding my many children around, but pretty certain.

kja78
    Free Member

Had a bit more of a think. Top pic is Aldershot military museum and 2nd possibly the Westgate centre in Aldershot.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I think the jet engine is in Farnborough Air Services Trust Museum.

gregsd
    Free Member

The statue is a in Jubilee Square, Woking – http://www.offbeat.group.shef.ac.uk/statues/STUK_Adepitan_Ade.htm

sadexpunk

excellent work chaps, many thanks 😉

natrix
    Free Member

The urinals in the canoes are in the gents in the pub called kingfisher on the quay

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘anyone know the farnborough/surrey area?’ is closed to new replies.