Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Anyone know of decent earplugs for sleeping?
  • jree
    Free Member

Mrs snores, back bedroom backs onto car park to flats which gets noisy around, well.half an hour ago. Not ideal.for a shift worker.
    Anyone tried earplugs at night and if there’s any particular ones that are any good?
    Cheers.

qwerty
    Free Member

I found Quies wax ear plugs the best.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve a box of them from when I used to do shifts, PM me your address and I’ll send you some to try mate.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I found Quies wax ear plugs the best.

Yep, these are the best.

DrJ

I prefer the silicone ones, and these are cheaper than the ones from Boots:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CEZYK4G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Markie
    Free Member

I got a sample pack from snorestore

https://www.snorestore.co.uk/acatalog/sleep-snore-earplugs-sample-packs.html

and now buy massive boxes of my prefferred ones from amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00374LCFS/

curto80
    Free Member

Buy well, buy once

Isolate® PRO

tjagain

I cannot get on with wax ones. There are loads of differnt foam ones so you have to see which ones suit you. Laser lite are the ones I find best

daviek

like tj I prefer laser lite I’ve used lots of different types for work and these seem to be most comfortable for me.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/400-Laser-Lite-Ear-Plugs/dp/B01LOOGU6S/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?keywords=laser+lite+ear+plugs&qid=1579850381&sprefix=laser+li&sr=8-8

sorry for the massive link

globalti
    Free Member

The sponge plugs rustle and fall out. Bespoke plugs in hard plastic or soft vinyl made by a hearing-aid fitter feel too bulky in your ear when lying on that side. Best solution I’ve found is wax plugs, or even half a wax plug.

bloodyshins
    Free Member

I’m in the same predicament. A snory Mrs and a bulldog downstairs who’s snoring shakes the foundations. Best earplugs I’ve found are Bioears. Boots sell them & ive seen them in some branches of Tesco too. They’re soft silicone & really comfy. Block out everything, I’ve even slept through my alarm a few times when sleeping with a brand new set in.

Drac

Laser lite work very well as recommended on here previously.

footflaps

Laser lite are the ones I find best

Yep, I use these. However they don’t work at all for the wife, she uses another make.

tall_martin

Boots own brand wax one for me. My wife hates them.

Get them nice and warm, in they go and let a night of silence commence 😀

thepurist

Quies for me too – foam ones don’t seem as effective or comfortable.

downshep

Tried wax and silicone but now use basic conical foam ones from Boots. Simply roll them narrow and pop them in. Light, comfy, cheap, effective. Great for camping, hotel rooms, planes and Bothies too.

benp1

I use Max Lite plugs on my motorbike. Then also take them when I’m out for a bivy, with an eye mask, for complete bliss!

honeybadgerx

Long time laser lite user here – plus they have keep cords which removes my irrational fear of waking up to find they’ve migrated into my brain and not being able to get then out.

feed

Mrs snores, back bedroom backs onto car park to flats which gets noisy around, well.half an hour ago. Not ideal.for a shift worker.

Send the wife to the back bedroom

chakaping
    Free Member

Boots own brand wax one

Good for me too.

Need to get some more wax ones actually.

oreetmon
    Free Member

Foam plugs didn’t work for me, full on road works/jack hammer ear defenders work well but not very comfortable.

Best cure if found for the mrs snoring was me under a tarp in the back garden, cracking nights kip.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Google Custom Fit Guards, my sleeping ones cost about £50 and are comfortable and work superbly well.
    I also have a pair of their electronic ones for shotgunning and another pair for motorbike riding!
    They’ll need to take an impression and the ear plugs turn up about a week later.

bigjim

Bio Ears silicone ones, nothing else comes close for me. Own brand silicone ones just aren’t the same. The foam ones seem to cause quite bad ear pain for me.

jkomo

I had some custom fit ones made. They are incredible, mainly for week ends away with very snory mates, festivals etc.
    They are bonkers, literally block all sound, it is very weird when you get up at night for a piss and can’t even hear your own footsteps.
    £80 I think, had the same pair for the last five years.

slackman99
    Free Member

Laser lites here too. Seem fairly soft and other harder plugs left me with aching ears

cookeaa

Tackle the problem at it’s source, pillow over the face, new patio…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Popped a handful of laser lite in post to you today OP. 👌🏻

Jakester
    Free Member

I had Happy Ears recommended to me recently – they get good reviews, and they did work well.

Unfortunately owing to my frankly huge lugholes* I was worried that their Large would disappear into the ear canal. I could only get them out with tweezers, which isn’t really conducive to a good night’s sleep. I tried adding a tether but that just made them really uncomfortable.

So, if you have normal sized earholes, you’ll probably be fine and they’ll be very comfortable and block sound well – they do a ‘discovery pack’ so you can test the correct size. If you have large lugholes, look elsewhere.

*A combination of hereditarily large ears and having used various types of sound reducing earplugs for decades has meant I have lugholes akin to train tunnels.

IHN

I use these:

https://www.earplugshop.com/alpine-sleepsoft-earplugs/

I was using disposable Moldex foam ones for ages which worked well, but then realised I shouldn’t just be chucking stuff away. These ones are comfortable, work well, and washable with a bit of soap and water every few days.

granny_ring

Yellow 3M ones work for me.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know of decent earplugs for sleeping?’ is closed to new replies.