Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Anyone know of a Aunt/Uncle/anyone etc selling a one-owner car?!
  • dooosuk
    Free Member

I’d argue people who home service are more likely to fit better tyres. They’re more likely to be enthusiasts who know a bit about cars rather just going to the shop and saying put the cheapest you’ve got on.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Double post.

h4muf
    Free Member

” And I’ll fit R888’s all round…”

Thats how i roll. 8)

hora
    Free Member

I’d argue people who home service are more likely to fit better tyres. They’re more likely to be enthusiasts who know a bit about cars rather just going to the shop and saying put the cheapest you’ve got on.

I refer you back to one of my earliest posts where I made the distinction/exception to this rule with interesting/classic cars.

spooky_b329

I refer you back to one of my earliest posts where I made the distinction/exception to this rule with interesting/classic cars.

I don’t fit that rule then…

I fitted winter tyres to my boring home serviced Ford Fusion (which I also replaced the clutch master cylinder for bobbins, whereas a garage would have probably charged me £100-200.

I’ve been waiting two months for my tyre of choice to become available in this country for my boring Iveco campervan, not because the existing front tyres are worn out, but because they are rubbish cheapies that I don’t trust. (this is the van where in the last year I’ve replaced the radiator, alternator, front pads/discs/brake fluid, done a service and diagnosed a several other small faults, that has probably cost me £500 in parts, but would have probably seen little change out of £1500 in garage charges, probably £2k at Iveco.

Oh, and I replaced the tyres on my home serviced horse trailer with decent jobbies as well, that stung a bit at around £350 fitted. I admit, I do pay garages to fit tyres 🙂

The last time I paid a garage to do something was a cambelt a couple of years back, but thats simply as it has a high ratio of ‘silly tiny mistake:big big expense’ attached to it 🙂 (and I’d do it myself next time!)

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know of a Aunt/Uncle/anyone etc selling a one-owner car?!’ is closed to new replies.