Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • Anyone know of a Aunt/Uncle/anyone etc selling a one-owner car?!
  • flatfish
    Free Member

Got a ’99 Audi A3 for £1500.
    FSH with pretty much every bit of paperwork since it was bought.
    Bought by the wife when it was two months old so nearly 1 owner.

spooky_b329

I’d need to understand that he is a competent and qualified mechanic. Otherwise I’d view the seller as a skinflint/tight ass and I’d adjust my price offered thus wiping out the money he’d saved

If someone has been servicing their car regularly over the years and its still running, then that is a pretty good indicator they are competent. Qualified…you don’t need to be qualified to drain some oil out, replace a few filters, flush the coolant, change the brake pads. Just practically minded and have your head screwed on.

If you are looking at bangernomics, then obviously you will be looking at lower value cars with the majority of the depreciation already lost. I think you’ll find the costs saved from labour charges are equal to or several times less than the price you are paying 🙂

h4muf
    Free Member

What did the puma fail on?

dazz
    Free Member

Rolls Royce tastes

Robin Reliant money

springs to mind for some reason 🙄

in my experience, what you’re looking for is out there, it’ll just take a very long time to find.

angeldust
    Free Member

‘I’d need to understand that he is a competent and qualified mechanic. Otherwise I’d view the seller as a skinflint/tight ass and I’d adjust my price offered thus wiping out the money he’d saved’

Er, no. Seller would send you on your way and wait for someone less ridiculous to come along!

‘Car tyres are very important to me’

This is a joke right? I will only buy premium tyres, but given all your other criteria this should be so far down your list on a second hand car! Get your wallet and buy the tyres you want if they are so important! Your waiting for a set of circumstances that are never going to happen. Sounds like you are going round in circles trying to talk yourself out of any possible purchase.

rangeroy
    Free Member

here you go chief, you buy this & you owe me, proper car cheap & reliable, boot you can fit a cave in & only over the border as well, parts all avaiable from gsf, reason no bids?? how would you spell volkswagen!! back in the day i have owned 2 jettas & they are bullet proof.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MK2-not-1-WOLKSWAGEN-JETTA-/250997755413?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D2%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6470157251325467476

h4muf
    Free Member

Dreamer with that Jetta…Worth £700 Tops.

Bregante

chainslapp might be someone’s uncle/auntie? 😉

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fsot-vw-golf-gt-tdi-130-52-plate-pic

hora
    Free Member

A grand?!!!! Does it drive like a Golf? 😆

On the diesel Golf. Who buys a diesel Golf and runs it for 10yrs doing circa 400miles per month….unless hes in the armed forces or had his collar felt by Bregante for a serious crime 8)

hora
    Free Member

Lee:

To get it through its MOT then the advisories would end up killing it at somepoint.

Pity. The engine was brilliant.

h4muf
    Free Member

About £100 would fix that! Brake pipes need a rub down and then undersealed.

hora
    Free Member

If Carlsberg did back street chopshops…..they’d be managed by Lee 😆

freddyg
    Free Member

A 1998 2 litre petrol CRV of any interest to you?

hora
    Free Member

Possibly yes- could you email me more info? markhoracekuk@yahoo.com

uwe-r
    Free Member

Renault Scenic ?

hora
    Free Member

With NOS fitted?

uwe-r
    Free Member
    binners

Just reading through this thread, and actually Hora I have to congratulate you. You’ve managed to demonstrate – even for you – a level of bell-endery previously unimaginable. But you’ve somehow managed to slip it under the radar

Stealth bell-endery? Seriously… I’m impressed

angeldust
    Free Member

Don’t think it went under the radar, people’s expectations are really that low. 😀

freddyg
    Free Member

Hora YGM.

binners

Shall we all enliven proceedings by suggesting cars for Hora. I reckon an off-road Trabant would be perfect

I can see you in one of those Hora

binners

Even betterer!!! 😀

binners

hora
    Free Member

It’ll be super-flexy but I really like that Trabant (the WHITE one)

binners

I can just picture you, bellowing 2 stroke oil all over Deansgate, Your huge bulbous planet-head poking out above the windscreen, Barry White on the eight track. HELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LAYEEEEEEEEEEEZ 😀

wwaswas

My wife sold this last year or I’d be putting it forward;

binners

I can definitely see you in this:

wwaswas

It’s got to be this;

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e1xvyTdBZI&ob=av2e[/video]

hora
    Free Member

I can definitely see you in this:

I’d have that! Re the pink Beetle….there always a respray 8)

wwaswas

and the interior;

binners

He’s trying to dump his Ernie persona by upgrading. Deep down, he’s always wanted to be

Pat Mustard

flange
    Free Member

see, the title couldn’t be just ‘anyone know of a cheap car for sale’…Oh no, it had to be some sort of contrived title showing how much knowledge you have on a topic.

You’re a marketeers dream, apart from the bit where you have to spend money.

I’ve got a van for sale for £1500. 1 owner, 1.7 diseasel astra van on an ’06 plate. 125k miles, new tyres all round, painted in Pest control white. I’m not selling it to you though, because you’re a fool…..

binners

He wouldn’t have bought it anyway Flange. Because you didn’t specify what make of tyres. The first thing any shrewd, thinking buyer looks at when purchasing a vehicle. You can ascertain their true providence by kicking them

ormondroyd
    Free Member

I’d far, far rather see a car with regular services at a good, well-reviewed independent garage. That way you’re getting a proud owner-mechanic with perhaps 20+ years of experience and a reputation to preserve, rather than a YTS trainee at twice the price.

I’ve been lied to on too many occasions by main dealers. The final straw was a Vauxhall garage telling me that my brake pads were “marginal” when they were almost brand new. Always makes me wonder what other corners get cut to make their numbers.

flange
    Free Member

You can ascertain their true providence by kicking them

Let me get this right – I get to kick Hora?

Mark – its yours. £50, collection only. And I’ll fit R888’s all round….

I often over-look any major mechanical problems on a vehicle if its got decent tyres on it. Some vehicles I’ve bought don’t even have an engine but man alive do those tyres look good sat on the driveway. Premium….

dooosuk
    Free Member

Don’t forget to log on and check every advisory logged at the MOT on the new online system to check it’s been resolved.

You’d have been far better fixing the Puma for a small outlay. The advisories for slight corrosion/deterioration would have been fine for the next year or two at least I’d bet with a bit of waxoyl.

hora
    Free Member

wwaswas remember what they did with the interior of the car in Pulp Fiction? Lots of towels, duvets and blankets to cover it up 8)

Vauxhall dealer? I wouldn’t buy a Vauxhall! I spoke to someone selling a Honda car yesterday and he mentioned it had ‘Arnold Clark’ stamps. Thats one I definitely wouldn’t touch. Any of their franchises.

binners

Rather than offhandedly dismissing everything for utterly random, totally illogical, completely fathomless reasons, why not make a list of what you do want. Here, I’ll help you out

1. The moon
    2. Preferably on a stick. Actually… must be on a stick. A diamond encrusted, platinum stick
    3. Must be free. oh…. and include at least a 12 month warranty

RustySpanner

For god’s sake Hora, just go and buy a nice Panda from a dealer.
    Cort’s in Bury have got loads of the bloody things in.
    Low miles, full history, choice of colours etc.
    You’d get one for £3500, probably with a years w’tee, tank of fuel and a few other bits and bobs thrown in.
    The one I looked at recently for the eldest daughter had four new Pirellis and seemed bloody well looked after too.

You’d be daft not to.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Back to home serviced cars. Out of interest do you think the chap uses Continental replacement tyres or Event/Linglong? I guess the later. Car tyres are very important to me.

I take resentment at this statment just because the car is home serviced doesn’t me bugger all when it comes to tyres. I have always serviced my own cars as i refuse to pay other for something i can easily do and for a lot cheaper and not only that i have had such bad experiances of garages when i have used them that do my best not to. I have always fitted good tyres to my cars as they are your point of contact.
    You would have liked the car we just bought. A 57 plate renault megane 1.5dci estate with 28k on the clock and was an ex mobility car and had the servie print out to go with it. oh and the tyres on it are contis at the back (proberly orginals) and uniroyals at the front. Price £5500 with some haggaling.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know of a Aunt/Uncle/anyone etc selling a one-owner car?!’ is closed to new replies.