Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,336 total)
  • IWH aka Lee Anderson – Goods supplied?
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

RopeyReignRider you are a newish member, you have also defended IWH abit on here. Explain your connection to him?

My connection to him is that I gave him £700 and he posted me my frame the next day. He’s also spent weeks helping me sort out my shock (being a Curnutt it’s not too simple). I’ve also spoken to him on numerous occasions. (and I’m not that new – I had to re-register when the site was hacked)

Also IWH offered to post me his air Curnutt shock (without asking for a deposit) so that I could ride my bike whilst trying to set my shock up. … again not like scammers to offer to post a £600 shock to someone he’s never met, is it?

For anyone wondering who I am feel free to check out my presence on BM – I’m Dan : /

I’ve been in contact with IWH recently (he very kindly sourced me a Ti spring when in the states at a crazy low price)”.

Yes IWH sourced a Ti spring for me at the sea otter.. what of it? Having trusted him with £700 have I any reason to assume I shall get ripped off?

That in addition to having his bank account details, address etc – if it came down to it he wouldn’t be hard to trace.

I think those who haven’t had any direct dealings with IWH have no right to comment personally.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Nukeproof – you don’t have to read it, just wait for the film to come out. I think we’ve established that the proof of posting provided was not in fact a complex forgery…

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Oh and with regard to the text message – although I am not willing to disclose on here the content, the general wording and context of the message meant it was very obviously meant for his family, not for me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

RopeyReignRIder – I think you need to come crawling out IWH’s a*hole now. It seems very clear to me what your intentions/friendship lies. Please don’t come back with any more crap defending him. I’ve met your sort and his sort plenty of times – you’re laughable.

Pathetic, aren’t you?

You’ve met my type have you? Please explain in detail what sort of “type” I am?

theflatboy
    Free Member

what a crock of shit. any of you people who are in for any amount of money, demand it back in the next couple of days. it won’t materialise, because your hard-earned is long gone. then decide what steps you want to take to get it back.

anyone who’s forked out and is now entertaining any excuses/prevarication is delusional.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Detective Mike Ayles should be viewed with a degree of caution, he’s hardly ever posted on here and hasn’t for 2 months and then turns up from BikeMagic with his underpants on over his trousers to save the day. 😉

lookmanohands
    Free Member

KINGTUT
    Free Member

RRR / Dan what about your fellow BM forum member ‘Paul’ that seems to have been ripped off by IWH as well?

ski
    Free Member

oldgit
    Free Member

Re RRRs £700 and frame.
    It’s the oldest trick in the book. I lost thousands last year to this old one.
    He supplied goods first time round to get a bit of history, then he either spends the money or pushes his trust rating and goes past the point of no return.
    Though in my case I supplied goods and did’nt get the money, and guess what I’ve got all their details everything, but hey ho RRR they paid me once so I guess they must be good guys really and I’m just a bully boy fascist.
    Borderline plain old theft in my book.

gizzardman
    Free Member

RRR – For answer to your question please read olgit’s post. Your going out of your way to defend him so much it’s obvious – as old git says. 😀

hora
    Free Member

Fack, oldgit please expand. We never hear much negativity about the classifieds, possibly as in part- it is embarrassing.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Blimey, is this still going…last post I saw on this thread was a Kylie pic, nipped out for a cycle…

oooh! never heard it called that before

guido

If this guy is organising some trip why dont all you aggreved people go along and meet him face to face?

BigDummy
    Free Member

What if he isn’t in fact organising the trip, but just taking money to buy crack? Bad money after good…

KINGTUT
    Free Member

hora – Member

Fack, oldgit please expand. We never hear much negativity about the classifieds, possibly as in part- it is embarrassing.

He means he lost the money in his business not on the classifieds.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

It’s obvious? Sorry what’s obvious?

I’m defending the guy because I personally believe him to be genuine.

Would it not also be a Bad Idea as a scammer to disclose your bank account details to someone rather than insisting on paypal?

RRR / Dan what about your fellow BM forum member ‘Paul’ that seems to have been ripped off by IWH as well?

I don’t know what’s happened with that one I’m afraid… no idea.

oldgit
    Free Member

Hora
    Not from the classifieds.
    Just business in general. The most common ones were the ones that were friends, they push their luck and that combined with their stupidity cost me near on 30,000 last year.
    Not seen a penny of it.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Anyhoo, as usual coming over to the dark side has been a pleasure… you guys sure know how to make people feel welcome!

gizzardman – feel free to message me, email or I’ll give you my number and you can give me a call if you’d like to discuss further “what sort of type of person” I am.

It’d be nice to think that I could express my opinions on here (as you lot all have) without being subject to personal insult.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Is it time for another happy song yet?

hora
    Free Member

Just for the record. If I lost £100+ and I had someones address, I personally would spend double that in petrol/travel expenses just to recoup the orginal £100 otherwise I’d spend the next few years eating myself with anger. Its principle and I’d rather get the money back then let anyone profit in anyway.

chakaping
    Free Member

This really reminds me of a guy who moved into my friend’s town.

He went out of his way to be nice to every one, joined the football club, made genuine friends, asked my pal to be his best man when he’d only known him a couple of months, took over as club treasurer… and emptied the club bank account in order to live the high life.

At the same time as all this he said he’d pay for all his and his wife’s family to stay at a posh hotel in Italy for their wedding. They all arrive where he has said to find that there’s no booking. He claims a mix up.

In the meantime he’s getting money off people to do group purchases of things at crazy low prices, but something usually goes wrong and there’s always an excuse as to why he can’t pay them back right away. Family health problems were invoked.

Not an out an out professional scammer, just a bulls***er who got way out of his depth. Creditors chasing him from all directions, it all went to court and he ended up with a suspended sentence and community service I think.

Even now there are people who stick up for him, let him buy them champagne with money he got from god knows where and refuse to believe that he could be a villain… because they know him and he’s a good bloke and he never ripped them off.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I don’t know what’s happened with that one I’m afraid… no idea.

Well you must at least know that he is still waiting for a bike (or a refund) that he paid for 8 months ago.

hora
    Free Member

We had someone similar working here. Only two of us saw through him from the beginning. We were called callous and cynical. However he also loved playing the political game against people he knew had clocked him (turning popular opinion etc). If the idiot had just put this creative manipulative streak into his work he would be minted not broke and chased by people owed money. Idiot.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Well you must at least know that he is still waiting for a frame that he paid for 8 months ago.

I’d venture it’s not quite as simple as that, if it were then why has Paul taken 8 months to contact him and via a forum of all things.

It takes 3 weeks to process a claim in the local Courts..

BigDummy
    Free Member

Reckon it is Gary… 😉

higgo
    Free Member

A classic scam from the 60s….

~ borrow £100 off bank on a Friday, pay it back Monday
    ~ borrow £200 off bank on a Friday, pay it back Monday
    ~ borrow £300 off bank on a Friday, pay it back Monday
    ~ borrow £5000 off bank on a Friday, sod off to Brazil never to be seen again

scuttler

Happy Talk by Captain Sensible. Stick that in your Thalamus for the rest of the day.

“Talk about things yoooo like tooo dooo”.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Hora – you in work? emailed you again, still no post after almost 3 weeks of agreement. You said it went by RM signed if so can I pls have the tracking… if you have in fact not posted after this time then it’s off to a mate! wb

BigDummy
    Free Member

Oooooooh, another ostrich has been unleashed. Hora, have you been naughty? 😯

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

no not naughty, just not paid for an item after almost 3 weeks! I dont think someone went to the post office when they said they did 🙄

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

several things have entertained me muchly this lazy afternoon

1:

BigDummy – Member

It’s a bit like watching that video of the rolling rally car the other day, but in slow motion, and the car is full of ostriches, and every time it rolls another ostrich comes flying out, and as each ostrich hits the ground it starts whooshing like a catherine wheel, and all the orange penguins who are watching the crash come running out with brooms and try and put the ostriches out by hitting them with their brooms, but the brooms just catch fire and the penguins panic and stat rolling around on the ground surrounded by exploding ostriches as the car rolls on and on spewing out ever more ostriches.

i nearly fell off the couch at that one

2: just the sheer absurdity of it all

3: Hora’s input. Just sheer classic British farce from beginning to end

Jamie
    Free Member

Spankmonkey:

Hora – you in work? emailed you again, still no post after almost 3 weeks of agreement. You said it went by RM signed if so can I pls have the tracking… if you have in fact not posted after this time then it’s off to a mate! wb

Is that the sound of a stone going through a house made of…oh, i dunno, out of glass maybe? 😉

MrAgreeable

3: Hora’s input. Just sheer classic British farce from beginning to end

Agreed. Hora’s input to this thread is like the veins of mould in a particularly fine cheese.

Spankmonkey, a mountainbiking forum I used to post on had one single rule for the classifieds. “Don’t buy stuff off Hora. He’s a dick”

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Jamie – Im nackered so not getting your meaning

Mr Agreeable – I had heard of Hora before but thought as I was selling it wasa safe position to be in… nothing lost!

uplink
    Free Member

I just know were going to get the Eastenders style boom,boom,boom,boom,boom now & I’ll have to wait till tomorrow to see what happens next

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

or even worse next week

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Hora giving lessons on dealing with people over the internet is just funny.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Spankmonkey, a mountainbiking forum I used to post on had one single rule for the classifieds. “Don’t buy stuff off Hora. He’s a dick”

Chocolate foot wasn’t it?

MikeAyles
    Free Member

Detective Mike Ayles should be viewed with a degree of caution, he’s hardly ever posted on here and hasn’t for 2 months

I wonder why…

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,336 total)

The topic ‘IWH aka Lee Anderson – Goods supplied?’ is closed to new replies.