Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anyone know if I am redundent?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Had the consultancy interview last Friday and was told the decision would be made during the week with the announcement today. There is me and 1 other bloke in the team and one of us is going.

I turn up at the office this morning (2 hour drive, I normally work from home) and the boss isn’t in yet. Not that surprising.

Still not in at 11am and not replying to phone or emails.

His PA can’t contact him either and she is meant to be preparing the exit pack for whichever one of us is going.

2pm she gets a reply to an email and he says there will be a definate decision by the end of the day.

He doesn’t come into the office. Still no phone calls of emails from him so I head home.

Still haven’t heard anything. This waiting is becoming a drag.

Jamie
    Free Member

Your boss isn’t Chris Tarrant is he?

druidh
    Free Member

Maybe he has taken the voluntary redundancy option?

sc-xc

fingers crossed anyway…hope things work out OK for you.

MrNutt
    Free Member

did you take MrChoppyChop into the office with you by any chance?

Q
    Free Member

Boss probably had a nervous breakdown thinking about paying folk off and is currently somewhere sitting with pencils up nose.

bigsi
    Free Member

Sounds like he’s got other things on his mind,,, like what he’s going to spend his redundancy payoff on 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

MrNutt – I left left the Axe at home today but did have the Mattock and bow saw in the boot of the Merc from last bit of trail building. i suppose if he does come into the office on monday I could saw him into little bits and bury him.

It is refreshing to see these clear and open channels of communications and transparancy in the process that he talked about last Friday.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Boss probably had a nervous breakdown thinking about paying folk off and is currently somewhere sitting with pencils up nose.

Wibble.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Hope it goes the way you want it to, WCA.

How is Mrs WCA?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

All is well at WCA Manor thanks Rudeboy. You might be getting less interesting postcards though

Stoner
    Free Member

I hate it when spineless bosses cant face their colleagues to pass on the news. An ex boss of mine hid at home while his secretary was fired. Such a pathetic chicken. Its not a nice job, in fact its probably one of the worst things a manager has to do, but its should be done with courage, empathy and an honest intent, face to face.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

And this is the geezer who you were worried about leaving in the sh1t if you got the other job – right ?

ffs.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Stoner – Tell me about it. I had to sack a bloke for gross incompetence once and he got sighen off on long term stress sick leave the day the decision was made and before I had a chance to sack him. I spent ages mentoring him back to mental stability before having to sack him. Not my best day at work.

Gus – it was the other bloke facing redundency i was more concerned about

AdamW
    Free Member

I had to tell someone that they blatantly couldn’t do the job they were hired for (on a bloody good salary too). He played the system for about 9 months until The Powers That Be decided to give him a choice: take ca. £13k and **** off now or face the long and winding road until he was chucked out.

I hated doing that.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Gus – it was the other bloke facing redundency i was more concerned about

Yeah this is true – I checked. But you did say, quote :

I will potentially **** him and the current company. Bit of a git really.

I actaully like the bloke I work with and the comapny so that doesn;t make it any easier.“

Well I hope it makes easier for you now. At the end of the day, the way they’re treating you is bang out of order. Your boss is obviously fully aware of how stressful it is for someone to wait to be told whether they have a job or not, especially during these harsh times. You’ve be given a deadline by which you will know. They haven’t bothered sticking to it leaving you dangling on the end of a stick all day, then finally leaving you to stew and screwing up your week-end. Phuck ’em, that’s no way to treat anyone. Look after yourself, do what’s best for you, and don’t worry whether it fecked them up or not is my humble opinion.

Good luck.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Has he still not found out?

I’d **** ’em off right now, and go for the other job.

As GG says; what a way to treat someone. To put them through that much stress all day.

If they can’t face telling you, then they are weak. Leave them.

zaskar
    Free Member

grizzlygus – Member
    And this is the geezer who you were worried about leaving in the sh1t if you got the other job – right ?

ffs.

😆

radoggair
    Free Member

Got told 2 weeks ago that i’m at risk of redudancy, or the first step on the ladder. Still haven’t got a date yet so am playing the waiting game as well. It sucks, so to deal with it i’m looking at getting a new car. Thats right thing to do isn’t it?, get some payment protection stuff as well. So, here i am waiting when my mate phoned me to say he and someone else from my old field based job (same company, i was moved into this job during a restructure 6 months ago) were being made redundant as well. His missus (who also works for this company, head office based ) was told last week she was also being made redundant. ( along with another 120 people). Worst thing is i’ve now no idea what i wanna do next for a career.

Can all the STW redundancy people not just pool money together and start a bike shop to rival CRC, wiggle etc. Bikers for bikers etc??

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know if I am redundent?’ is closed to new replies.