Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone know about redundancy pools?
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

Basically the company I work for has got team leaders and managers. Paperwork went out saying these are the pools, a:b. They’ve then made team leaders redundant and given their roles to management.
    Is that a thing?

chakaping
    Free Member

They have to make roles redundant, not people.

But they can get rid of roles and move the responsibilities to other roles. Is that what you think might have happened here?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

They’ve gone from 8 team leaders to 2, kept one TL and one of which was a manager. Thus making an actual TL redundant

chakaping
    Free Member

Have a look at the Acas website:

https://www.acas.org.uk/redundancy

And give them a bell if you need to ask how your specific circumstances fit.

dovebiker

The fact that they are using ‘pools’ would indicate they are doing this by the book. Do keep a record of all discussions you have with your employer as it might help should you ever need to make a claim. Try not to take a personally because it’s a shit process to go through – I was made redundant 3 times and was ‘at risk’ on a few other ocassions.

timber

My wife got bored of being in a redundancy pool and left. Part of the problem was that they closed the role that they had made the reasonable adjustments to and couldn’t make it work under any of the new roles. Not her problem to sort, but found a better, easier way in the end by leaving the organisation. Just a shame they wouldn’t actually make her redundant.

intheborders
    Free Member

From your perspective, do you want redundancy or not?

This should dictate your ‘actions’.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.