Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone know about hydraulic clutches? Toyota content
  • redstripe
    Free Member

Got a nice 2010 Toyota Yaris for our youngest to learn to drive in, all fine apart from the clutch which seems like a pretty sharp low down biting point. It’s not slipping. Not ideal for a learner, she’s struggling and I find it not the easiest compared to many many other things I have driven. I can’t find much info on line – it’s a hydraulic one so I guess can’t be adjusted. Would getting it bled improve things? Perhaps there’s some air in it or the fluid is not at it’s best (not sure when / if ever changed). I took it to the mechanic at the local garage and he just shrugged his shoulders and said it seemed okay after a quick test drive, but it’s not. We don’t really want to get rid of it so if there is a way of improving things before we think about that, any advice appreciated. Cheers

colp

My lad’s Volvo had exactly the same symptoms, it was easy to bleed. Cap off reservoir, top up. Hose onto bleed port on clutch into old yoghurt pot. Get someone to press clutch pedal, turn bleed valve open, watch fluid come out and reservoir level drop, then shut, release clutch pedal, repeat.

fossy

Try bleeding it – but a quick google says the MK2 hs a low biting point. We had a 1999 MK1 for 17 years, and still see it about locally.

hols2
    Free Member

There may be an adjuster. Look around under the pedal with a torch.

null

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know about hydraulic clutches? Toyota content’ is closed to new replies.