Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 133 total)
  • Anyone know about chemtrails?
  • rusty90
    Free Member

What about the so-called moon landing?

You could always ask Buzz Aldrin
    [video]https://youtu.be/wptn5RE2I-k?t=1m16s[/video]

thestabiliser
    Free Member

@ GrahamS

False flags. Making you think that they are too incompentent to make you think that they’re making you think what they’re making you think. Makes you think, but not what they think they’remaking you think. Something else.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Who knows what really goes on in this world…..

David Icke?

Northwind

Aye, there’s quite a lot of basically sci-fi mad interventions being quietly investigated in case of catastrophic climate change. They’re not good options, they’re just what you do if you’ve managed to **** the climate to the point that anything’s worth trying. Stuff like salt dumping into the ocean to influence currents (because desalination’s a big concern with melting ice, imagine the gulfstream goes north or south…), surface and cloud albedo, propogating algae to soak up more co2… Terraforming earth, essentially.

If we start doing any of this stuff it’s because we’ve screwed up amazingly though.

Cougar

I doubt it, but it makes for funny banter.

Jesus Christ. That’s the line in the sand there, if ever we needed proof. Discussion on STW truly has gone The Full Icke when JHJ is posting forum pages debunking it.

Cougar

As an aside, I’ve just done a bit of digging on STW conspiracy-theorists past and present. Far as I can tell the vast majority of them appear to be based in (non-UK) Western European countries.

Makes you think, doesn’t it.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Always loved this

[video]https://youtu.be/_c6HsiixFS8[/video]

GrahamS

That is quite brilliant crashtestmonkey, thanks. 😆

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Junkyard
    Free Member

MY primary kids enjoyed that as well

To quote “oh my god she is so stupid does she not realise water refracts light”

Personally I like the bit where she was amazed the visible spectrum was visible….hard to tell if real or a troll

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

following some of the related vids (and their comments) is a fascinating/depressing trip down the rabbit hole of conspiracies – you’ve got UFOs attacking Al Queda, Aliens attacking space shuttles etc before you get into the big stuff like 9/11.

I think the sprinkler one is genuine, but maybe that’s what they want me to think 😉

GrahamS

Yep, it’s a fascinating world.

I spent a good while delving into some of the Flat Earther videos and it is quite amazing to listen to the ingenious twists of logic and science they come up with to explain away seemingly well-understood every day things (like stars, dawn, time differences, the horizon, satellites, etc).

It’s an eye-opening lesson in the Dunning-Kruger effect.

I “recommend” watching some of these channels:

Jeranism
    Eric Dubay
    MrThriveAndStrive
    TheMorgile

And of course some, like Orphan Red here, are just adorably bonkers:
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_p2FiY-ReE[/video]

But somehow still manage to bring up questions that have interesting scientific answers.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Something has occured to me during the course of the day regarding the ’Capel Dewi HAARP’

Being as most of Cardigan Bay is used as a weapons testing range

Aberporth provides a controlled safe environment for the release of land-, air- and sea-launched missile firings as well as instrumentation verification, passive and active IR/RF jamming and the ability to manage supersonic trials activity.

This fully instrumented controlled environment enables the evaluation of air and sea weapons, systems and training

most recently for drones:

To assist drone development, the MOD and QinetiQ recently announced[21] the reopening of RAF Llanbedr – fifty miles north of Aberporth, on the coastal edge of the Snowdonia National Park between Harlech and Barmouth. RAF Llanbedr[22] has three runways, and without nearby commercial air traffic the site is safer for experimental aircraft. The drones stored at Llanbedr could use the military range across Cardigan Bay for initial development and testing. The next phase would be to test the drones across more difficult terrain – flying around the mountains, valleys and wind farms of West Wales.

Training military staff in the use of armed drones requires a live firing range. In the past these exercises have been carried out in the USA[23]. The new West Wales drones corridor allows experimental drones, or military staff training with existing drones, to access the firing ranges at Sennybridge. There has been little public discussion of this issue, and no definite statement from the MOD on live firing by drones in Wales. Quite apart from the issue of public safety[24], and the increasing intrusion on military flights into one of Southern Britain’s last wilderness areas, these activities raise the issue of the legality of preparing for certain types of drone operation.

If you had the entire UK in which to build a weather weapon, somewhere near the welsh coast would probably be a good place to test it.

Disclaimer: In contrast to my posts on child abuse by prominent people, government and media corruption and collusion, which I do truly believe, this is more tongue in cheek.

GrahamS

I’d have thought a better place would be somewhere more remote and very sparsely populated, like the military weapons range at Cape Wrath.

(Been there on a bike tour – cool place).

piemonster

Nah, they want urban areas to test it on.

I’ve no evidence to back that up.

Makes you think.

iffoverload
    Free Member

Its the damn Commies messing with the weather in W Europe and the US.

We cannot complain though as then we would have to admit that they stole the tech from the West in the first place and have been using it on them as well..

not worth thinking about.

molgrips
    Free Member

A much better military weather conspiracy theory is the Lynmouth floods.

nickc

I especially love the rainbow in the sprinkler, but Orphan Red is a whole ‘nother level of bonkersness.

molgrips
    Free Member

Great how she posts a load of scientific facts to debunk the science of satellites. If you’re so mistrustful of scientists why are you quoting science facts?

konabunny
    Free Member

I think you have to assume that Orphan Red is a pisstake

GrahamS

She certainly has a unique presenting style, but I think her beliefs are sincere and she does plenty of research for her videos.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Research? You mean finding other hoax sites to back up her own opnions?

And one of the sites i used to use way back had a proper nutter on it, claimed to have all the data and figures to back up the existence of space lasers being used to heat up the bedrock enough to trigger earth quakes and so on.

Man he was funny.

Trowbridge H. Ford

https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Trowbridge_Ford

GrahamS

You mean finding other hoax sites to back up her own opnions?

No, not entirely. Watch her videos. She does the maths and, as mentioned earlier, points out what she sees as inconsistencies in the science.

Most of the good ones do this. They make a strong case for experimenting and doing the calculations yourself (which is to be applauded), but the methods or calculations they then use and/or the conclusions they draw are deeply flawed – though obviously I would say that as a blind close-minded sheep 🙂

By questioning everything they do sometimes ask some good questions that have genuinely interesting scientific explanations.

Drac

I think you have to assume that Orphan Red is a pisstake

Yup her body language certainly suggests so.

mt
    Free Member

I’ve met Buzz Aldrin, seemed a nice chap. Like him more now, gave that pillock a good smack. I suspect that no sense was knocked into the idiot.

CountZero

S’just more filthy exhaust fumes innit?
    clearly remember the days that all flights were grounded due to that Icelandic volcano..

Beautiful blue skies man..Beautiful
    I haven’t seen that colour blue since I was a nipper.. I could have wept as the planes went up again and we watched those beautiful skies disappear behind a milky haze
    Must be urban smog where you live; despite living directly under the flight path for Bristol, Cardiff, LHR, and various other airports, it’s not that unusual to get days where the sky is a flawless blue, with not a cloud or vapour-trail to be seen anywhere, yet the planes are still up there, ‘cos you can see them, and FlightRadar shows them. Well, not all of them; military aircraft don’t show identifiers, and neither do some civilian aircraft, like Royal Flight ‘copters, for obvious reasons.
    Maybe they’re the ones spraying chemicals, it’s actually our lizard overlords indulging in mind-control through chemistry!
    Makes you think!™ © ®

maccruiskeen – Member
    because then anyone trying to debunk it will of course be part of the conspiracy.
    It’s rubbish
    So you’re part of the conspiracy!

Rumbled! Bugger…

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Chemtrails can be debunked even quicker: the global elite all breathe the same air as us, so why the hell would they poison it? It makes no sense.

iffoverload
    Free Member

its obvious,

global etite are aliens , earth atmoshpere is a bit toxic to them so they fix.

simples

Northwind

molgrips – Member

If you’re so mistrustful of scientists why are you quoting science facts?

People who want to attack religion often quote from religious texts. It makes sense to go after internal illogic/inconsistency.

yunki
    Free Member

Count zero..

Naah mate, coastal Devon

We get plenty clear skies here too funnily enough, but the depth of colour and the heat from the sun was unprecedented in those few days..
    If you don’t get it you weren’t there man.. You weren’t there

In other news, I’m no conspiracy theorist, but if the rumours circulating about Stanley Kubrick’s recent confession turn out to be true it will be extremely satisfying to see egg on the faces of certain smug, self satisfied tossers 🙂

GrahamS

if the rumours circulating about Stanley Kubrick’s recent confession turn out to be true it will be extremely satisfying to see egg on the faces of certain smug, self satisfied tossers

Sorry yunki, even the Flat Earthers spotted that the Kubrick “confession” was a hoax.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CA5hwTyU6A[/video]

Makes you think

yunki
    Free Member

🙁

GrahamS

*smug mode* 8)

imnotverygood

We get plenty clear skies here too funnily enough, but the depth of colour and the heat from the sun was unprecedented in those few days.

A bit odd that, seeing as the reason why the planes weren’t flying was because of the amount of volcanic dust there was in the air.

yunki
    Free Member

your mum’s a bit odd

GrahamS

Don’t worry yunki, the Kubrick things is currently trending nicely on social media and, as expected, many people are lapping it up with little or no analysis.

In a year or two’s time no one will remember it was demonstrated to be a hoax. They’ll just remember that Kubrick “confessed” and the moon landings were definitely fake.

And that’s how good conspiracy theories evolve.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

After all the fuss and investment, given vast advances in technology, when was the last time anyone went to the moon?

Cougar

Why would they? What’s to be gained in going back now?

The whole thing was political anyway; JFK wanted to do it before the Russians did. And it’s hardly a wasted investment; the technologies developed during Apollo and prior were the foundations of the Shuttle programme as well as having far-reaching impacts in all manner of other industries.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Surely if they went back now, it would lead to further advances, perhaps paving the way for further space travel. Could probably commercialize it too~ Disneyland moon would be a total cash cow.

Imagine if just made a few boats were made, sailed one at a time to the Americas, to come home again and never go back…

Hang on, that would’ve saved a whole lot of bloodshed…

Errr, well imagine if just a few cars were made, driven to the other end of the island, then parked up in the garage and forgotten about

Hang on, the air would be a whole lot cleaner now and there’d be less competition for resources from the world’s military powers…

Maybe we should go back to running around in the nude and living in caves

GrahamS

Why spend billions getting to the moon again when we’ve been there already and found nothing worth going back for? There are many more interesting places to go.

It wouldn’t silence the moon-conspiratists anyway because they’d just claim it was all fake.

Much the same as the Flat Earthers who regularly support their case by saying there are “no pictures of Earth from space”. If you show them one then they say it’s fake.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know about chemtrails?’ is closed to new replies.