Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • anyone into car design? or doodling?
  • pjbarton
    Free Member

I like doodling cars, kind of concepts – not existing ones. So I thought I’d do one a day for a year.
    I’m not trained it that area, I just enjoy it – comments always appreciated.

click!

thanks for looking!

shindiggy
    Free Member

Better skills than i have

emsz
    Free Member

nice drawings, they do look all the same though 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

Aye, nice, but samey.

wors

Cool, I used to do loads. It’s what I wanted to do when I was a lad! I drew one that looked just like the ford probe before it had been released. I was well chuffed when it came out, not so much now!!!! 😀

djglover
    Free Member

you’ve invented the audi tt.

convert

Stop making life so easy for yourself and drawing 2 seater coupes – it’s not hard to draw a pretty one. Throw in some extra functionality and still make it look pretty (more storage or more passengers, shorter and narrower for city use etc).

julioflo
    Free Member

Clicked on this as was interested. So will try and be constructive.
    GOod skills. A good discipline to try and do one a day. It looks like you are trying to solve a theme, as COnvert said, maybe draw a line under that one (boom boom) and give yourself a new brief every week to work to and resolve.
    Maybe also get yourself a Wacom Tablet / Wacom Bamboo and have a go at sketching with that!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Why do ‘designers’ always draw them with 36″ wheels and spray on tyres?

cranberry
    Free Member

Certainly better than I could draw.

Have a go at drawing the next image in this series:

???

pjbarton
    Free Member

All fair comments, I have plenty of days to move into other areas though!
    But yeah, sporty numbers are easier – funky hatchbacks are ok too.

thanks for your thoughts

pjbarton
    Free Member

I did a less sporty, super mini type scamp today

pjbarton
    Free Member

Cranberry. I’m going to take that brief.

rewski
    Free Member

they’re great, 004 is very Aston Martin.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Have a go at drawing the next image in this series:

anything like one of these?

nomakoman
    Free Member

Degree in Automotive design only really taught me one thing, if you get the wheel shape wrong the rest of the doodle will look wrong

Some of em look pretty good mate, some just need a bit more care on wheel perspective but you are on the right lines using perspective lines and horizon to build the designs. Also try get a bit more balance on front and rear bumpers 😉

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

008 = The elecric BMW concept
    009 = a Seat, Altea crossed with Ibiza I think
    006 = Tron
    005 = Audi RS8
    004 = Jag XF
    003 = Ford Focus
    002 = 008
    001 = 008

Good work though 🙂

pjbarton
    Free Member

Thanks for the constructive remarks. Re them looking like exsisting cars, dunno… I’m not looking at car mags or anything!

As for homers car… Thanks a bunch!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Thats exactly what I thought molgrips!! Spooky. What am I thinking now?

bigbloke
    Free Member

I reckon 004 would be a nice Alfa Romeo concept, perhaps with a little of 002 mixed into it. Just me mind 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I dunno what you are thinking now, I only know what you are thinking in 4 hours’ time apparently 🙂

pjbarton – google for those cars you will see what I mean 🙂

I think tomorrow you should draw a car to beat the Hummer H1 at its own game 🙂

pjbarton
    Free Member

Nomokaman, where did you get your degree? Interesting tip on wheel angles – ill keep an eye out for that

damo2576
    Free Member

Degree in Automotive Engineering only really taught me one thing, the people that draw cars draw ones that can’t be made.

Thats a joke, nice work. Check out http://www.rca.ac.uk/Default.aspx?ContentID=160475

damo2576
    Free Member

Follow link to see 2011 show I mean

pjbarton
    Free Member

Cheers Bigbloke. I’m a big Alfa fan, I sometimes doodle a Alfa grille by default – although I think they dropped a bollock by trying to make all the cars look like the 8c competitioniellabizzapizzamamamia. That car looked great in a classic sports car kinda way but I preferred the previous, angry eyebrows look!

bigbloke
    Free Member

Love the front end of the 159 , proper angry looking. Nice.

pjbarton
    Free Member

Yes! But the mito and guilittabravo… I want to like them…. Nope, can’t do it. Get good reviews though

molgrips
    Free Member

I hate Alfas.

bigbloke
    Free Member

They need to make a new saloon, its what i like them for (former 156 owner), i can’t get on with their hatchback designs. Hence my comment i reckon 004 would be a good looking saloon/coupe type car.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Neuron examines how new relationships created by ever-developing methods of interaction between man and machine can forge products and experiences more relevant for the current century. Through the intimate relationships created by BMI, vehicles will become an extension of the self, stripping back the wasteful and unneeded and creating agile, soft-treading cars that break free of conventional packaging and adapt to user needs while integrating seamlessly within their environment.?

They talk some right pretetious boulox don’t they?

pjbarton
    Free Member

Molgrips. Not seeing the rs8 comparison. Mines all slicey and straight lines. Audi have their whole Bauhaus and engineered radiuses language going on. I’m sure it looks like something else more!

Edukator
    Free Member

I’m not sure you’d see anything but sky out of any of the others.

damo2576
    Free Member

They talk some right pretetious boulox don’t they?

Makes perfect sense? Visionaries often misunderstood.

Rorschach
    Free Member

“I like bacon and sausages,so I designed a van that looks a bit like a pig.But I forgot to put doors on it…oops”
    Not pretentious at all.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This thread needs the input of young Mr Pinches of this parish. It’s right up his grubby little alley.

molgrips
    Free Member

Molgrips. Not seeing the rs8 comparison

No it was the most tenuous one, granted. It’s more the size, shape and position of the roof, really. I am not a petrol head though so I don’t have a picture of one on my wall or anything. I could be mistaking it for something else 🙂

Edukator
    Free Member

It has doors:

and looks like the OP’s most recent blog post which is why I posted it.

nomakoman
    Free Member

Degree from coventry…best aroynd at the time, not sure now though! Design has gone massively digital now so a sketch from a designer can mean next to nothing….and i only graduated 2008!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘anyone into car design? or doodling?’ is closed to new replies.