Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • anyone inthe Pyrenees this July?
  • turneround

im going to be in france for a month and down in the Pyrenees Luz saint Saveur from 18th – 23rd. going to tick off tourmalet, luz ardiden, hatacam etc, Anyone down there at the same time and fancies joining up to bag these hills?

aP
    Free Member

You might want to check which roads are still open after the huge floods there last week.

vondally
    Free Member

what aP says

julianwilson
    Free Member

aP+2

When I lived there, there were only 2 roads connecting Luz with the rest of the world! (Le Pays Toy was one of the most isolated parts of France until the early 1900s and infamous for its rather narrow-ranged err, ‘gene pool’ 😉 ) The road between Luz and Pierrefitte is quite near the level of the river and blasted out of a very narrow ravine for some length.

If roads are ok and you aren’t set on just doing all the famous cols and/or circular routes, you really should ride out and back to the Cirque de Gavarnie and indeed the Pont d’Espagne. Its well lovely round there. 😀

ianv
    Free Member

Yes, but tourmalet would suck on a downhill bike 🙂

torihada
    Free Member

Bagneres du Luchon end of July followed by Font Romeau. But I’m staying off the tarmac.

turneround

julian love the website :), will check out your recommendation.

hopefully all will be well when i get there in 4 weeks time 🙂

MrSparkle

We were in Luz a couple of years ago. It was bloody great. I’d love to go back someday. Enjoy!

mogrim

Just got back from the Pyrenees, did a 200km sportive there yesterday – Somport, Marie Blanc, Portalet… Very envious, would love to head back there in July!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘anyone inthe Pyrenees this July?’ is closed to new replies.