• This topic has 17 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Kit.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anyone in the Lakes on 9th Sept for a ride?
  • Kit
    Free Member

As thread title i.e. this Friday. I’m planning to head to Keswick to ride the Borrowdale Bash route with a cheeky few extras. Anyone on here got the afternoon off and fancy joining me?

Not sure exactly what time, maybe 2 or 3pm kickoff, looking to be done by 7pm at the very very latest.

*hopes this thread doesn’t just drop off the page with no replies… 😉

boxelder

I’m here, but don’t finish work ’til 4pm. Prompt reply though eh?

Kit
    Free Member

Prompt reply though eh?

Thanks dude, saved my arse from some embarrassment 😀 4pm is probably a bit late for me; riding the following day too.

lesa
    Free Member

I may be up for this depends on two things.

1) How difficult will it be.

2) I will have to look up the nearest train station is.

Kit
    Free Member

lesa, the route is fairly technical – two rocky descents, and an optional long rocky bit of singletrack. And some steep climbs! And I think the nearest station is Windermere. Where are you travelling from? I’ll be coming down from Lockerbie.

boxelder

Nearest train is penrith – en route from lockerbie.

lesa
    Free Member

Thanks Kit the technical bit and the rocky descents and singletrack don’t bother me its the climbs that I am not to good at but i am willing to give them a go. I did 50 miles along the leeds & Liverpool canal on Sunday.

Kit
    Free Member

Well, the steep climbs are on the road, mostly! Couple of off-road steep climbs but one I’ll be definitely pushing and the other I might have to push too! So don’t worry about it 🙂

Can you get a train to Penrith? I could pick you up and drop you back off if you like. My email is in my profile if you want to arrange something.

Kit
    Free Member

Bump! In case anyone else has the day orf on Friday.

lesa
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer Kit will let you know by Wednesday

grum
    Free Member

Tempted by this but I am a bit of a pansy:

Friday

A cloudy day with outbreaks of rain, extensive hill fog and gale to severe gale force winds. Considerable wind chill.

lowey

You big tart grum… no such thing as bad weather… I did it in snow and ice this year, Birketts leap was pretty interesting coated in ice 🙂

Kit, sorry mate… another time with a bit more notice. Have a good one buddy!

Kit
    Free Member

grum, hadn’t really looked at the forecast! Will probably still head down as I don’t get to ride the Lakes that often. One Christmas I rode Garburn Pass in torrential rain, but only because the day before I turned back home due to the rain and wasn’t going to be beaten twice. Had an ace day in the end.

edit: Aye, sorry again lowey, I’ll plan a bit further ahead next time.

D0NK

was thinking of lakes this friday but would have to be an early start (as in 9:00 kick off)

grum
    Free Member

Not bothered by torrential rain, but gale force winds aren’t my bag. 🙂

Friday isn’t ideal for my anyway – could ride on Thursday though?

Kit
    Free Member

I can’t do Thursday or Friday morning, unfortunately (family stuff).

lesa
    Free Member

Sorry can’t do Friday have to go out with the inlaws.

Kit
    Free Member

No problem!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anyone in the Lakes on 9th Sept for a ride?’ is closed to new replies.