Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone in Singapore?
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I’m in Singapore in a couple of weeks for work and wouldn’t mind going for a ride one morning I’m there. Does anyone know of any places to rent road bikes in the centre of the city or have any routes?

flashes
    Free Member

My brother lives there. He has a bike out there but doesn’t cycle. Apparently the roads are really bad to ride on, the locals have no interest in avoiding bikes, if they’re in something bigger. Although I think there are cycle lanes along the canals but it gets too hot / sticky to do anything PM. I’ll ask about bike hire..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ben is, or at least was!

Most rides happen v early in the morning, to avoid the heat. Will try and remember the name of a few shops for you.

Can also share some top food and drink tips if you want!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    atlaz
    Free Member

Happy to get some recommendations. Was there in March last year for 10 days so have a fair idea of stuff but more is always better 🙂

Am expecting early rides as I have work to do anyway and most locals seem to get out around 5:30

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Assuming you’ve already found Brotzeit for beer and people watching……

Hometown on Smith Street. Really basic place, but great cheap food
    Din Tai Fung. Just go there!
    Once upon a milkshake, Tanjong Pagar. Nomnomnomnomnomnom

Maxwell hawker, obviously

And, for a nice blowout, chilli crab at Long Beach, Dempsey.

stewartc
    Free Member

A buddy of mine has a spare FS and should be happy to show you around Bhukit Timah, happy to get you in contact, email in profile.
    Was there for a couple of week recently, the trails are a little short and busy but a ride is a ride.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I lived there for two years, have a few mates who ride including one who completed the Haute Route this year training only on Bukit Timah hill (about 150m climb) 😯
    Road riding takes place very early to reduce heat and humidity (eg 5-6am) and avoid the traffic (drivers are terrible especially with regard to bikes, I only ever went out twice after being nearly knocked off both times)

The Aussie and NZ cycling group is the most established – have a look on here link

I’ll pass him your email address.

atlaz
    Free Member

Din Tai Fung. Just go there!

Eaten there a few times. Just awesome

Brotzeit, yep, Maxwell, yep. I quite like a couple of the bars on Ann Siang Hill too. The tekka centre on the edge of Little India is worth a visit but can be a bit more intense than Maxwell

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

wouldn’t mind going for a ride

Start at the Orchard Tower and see where it goes

8)

atlaz
    Free Member

Oh, you’re one of THOSE sorts of visitors eh? 😉

fourbanger
    Free Member

http://www.singaporebikehash.com

Great fun and you’ll get to see some really off piste parts of the city.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone in Singapore?’ is closed to new replies.