• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by biff.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone hired a bike on holiday and broke it?
  • Euro
    Free Member

What happens? Do they replace it FOC or do you have to pay something towards getting it repaired?

Found a place close to where i’ll be staying that hires out mtbs but no mention on their wabsite about what happens if something goes pop. I don’t plan on breaking it but it’s a mountain bike and i’m me and the bikes they have that’ll suit me are all 29ers (never had a good go on one) and we all know how much those wheels explode.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Broke it you bought it generally. They will want to see your credit card and maybe a passport. A mate was fleeced/charged by a morzine shop some fair enough other bits were the bikes were flogged to death (they were using parts from one to keep the rest of them going and the fleet was getting smaller)

Euro
    Free Member

That’s kinda what i expected Mike and it’s fair enough i suppose. Maybe should stick to the smaller wheels just in case (they have a few 26 hardtails for rent) but i’d really like to try a 29. I’ve never hired a bicycle before but hired a motorbike a several years back and, to my shame, returned it in a pretty poor state (totally their fault for having so many sand dunes to jump on). No extra charge as I was a bit sneaky and managed to hide the main damage until i got my passport back. Gonna be difficult to camouflage taco’d wheels 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

generally bike wheels built right don’t go pop for no good reason.

AM29 is tough for am just as AM26 is. Just don’t go taking a weight weenie 29r down DH trails.

moniex
    Free Member

Never did it, but asked at a shop in Morgins once and was told you would have to pay trade price for the parts you break. Seemed fair, however lots of parts may have worn out and then just go pop when you hire it….

biff

Rented two bikes from http://www.dsvbikeshop.com in Morzine and snapped a shifter clean off the bars. Told them. They were ok with it. Great service (good sense of humour too). Recommended.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone hired a bike on holiday and broke it?’ is closed to new replies.