anyone hear of Computershare?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • anyone hear of Computershare?
  • mrmo

The SO has recieved a letter from a company called Computershare and they are asking whether she is the person who lived at an address previously,(she is), referencing unclaimed funds.

I am assuming it is these people, anyone know what the contact would be about and, I assume they are going to say for a small fee we can reunite? Had anyone any insights?

https://www.computershare.com/uk/

Premier Icon csb
    Subscriber

They certainly used to be a legit company that distributed dividends from shares such as those allocated in building society privatisations.

Maybe she has dormant shares?

captmorgan

Unlikely they administer a lot of corporate share schemes, is it possible that the wife has some work share scheme she’s forgotten about?

Premier Icon beej
    Subscriber

Very big, very legit.

Could be share scheme or pension related. I know them from the Vodafone employee share schemes.

wooobob

Yep, as above. I had some old company shares dished out and held by them. Moved a few times and they lost track of me, so the shares were handed in to the state as ‘lost property’. May be worth getting back to them.

donald

Assuming she’s been contacted by the real Computershare she should follow it up. Did she have some Building society shares she’s forgotten about maybe?

Premier Icon tthew
    Subscriber

Yeah, we use them at work for our share save scheme too. Do you want me to look up a direct dial phone line so she can ring them? Might be a phishing scam.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

I am assuming it is these people

I would check your assumptions just in case.

computershare.com domain was registered 20 years ago. So certainly legit if that’s who it is.

mrmo

she does have Bradford and bingley shares, or had until they went bust? beyond that?

The contact was via the post not a phone call which would have been far more questionable.

The prepaid envelope address they have provided does tie to a real address associated to them.

I guess send the form back and see what they have to say. anyway thanks.

They used to do childcare vouchers at my work but we have a different provider now.

Premier Icon robbo1234biking
    Subscriber

We use them for our sharesave scheme at work so most probably legit. Worth a phone call at least.

Premier Icon mercuryrev
    Subscriber

They are looking to reunite someone with shares and dividends that have somehow got lost.

If it is them then they are legit but be aware they do take a serious chunk out of any old unclaimed dividends.

mrmo

If it is them then they are legit but be aware they do take a serious chunk out of any old unclaimed dividends.

Even if they take 95% in commission that is still 5% more than the other half has now, or even realised she had this morning.

B.A.Nana

she does have Bradford and bingley shares, or had until they went bust? beyond that?

They are running the old BBS Head Office in Bingley and have a big office on the outskirts of Skipton. One of my neighbours works for them and flits between the two.

scuttler

Definitely a legit company but so is Barclays Bank and you’ll still have claiming to be from them telling you you’ve had your data compromised and they need to ‘take you through security’.

Exercise caution. Start by calling them back on the number at https://www.computershare.com/uk/individuals/im-a-shareholder/contact-us

Premier Icon FuzzyWuzzy
    Subscriber

Good advice above, Computershare are a legit company (we use them for our company share scheme) but that doesn’t mean to say whoever contacted you is actually from Computershare.

Premier Icon IdleJon
    Subscriber

Good advice above, Computershare are a legit company (we use them for our company share scheme) but that doesn’t mean to say whoever contacted you is actually from Computershare.

I had a similar letter from a financial company this time last year. It was legit – I’d had a life insurance/assurance policy about 15 years ago that I’d totally forgotten about. They wouldn’t confirm how much it was but I had a cheque a few weeks later for almost £1k. Very nice just before Xmas, especially as I was expecting about £20!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.