Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Anyone having issues with C and B Seen
  • mrmoofo

Friend has ordered a front light , unfortunately on my recommedation – but seems to be getting scant / not quite true informatio about products being dispatched.  And cannot get through on the phone ….

Has anyone else had similar issues?

z1ppy

bugger, put an order in yesterday…

mrmoofo

A mate of mine did so last week … told stuff was despatched.  It’s not.  Then told it’s not in stock. ….

And now he doesn’t get any answer from the phone … obvs Roger could be doing a day job as well.  But as I recommended him I am feeling bad … 🙁

Ripperdipper

FWIW I sent a light back under warranty –  got a replacement nearly 3 weeks later after a further email nudge from me. I was told it went to the wrong address (?)  Hope they’re not struggling – they’ve been good to deal with in the past…

z1ppy

Heard back from Roger last night, he doesn’t have the light I want in stock, so has offered a refund/alternative light. I’ve asked for a refund, as I wanted the XPG unit. So things maybe not a dire as they started to look, pity he doesn’t have the light I wanted and I can’t wait 4/5 weeks..

mrmoofo

The friend also heard back on Tuesday night …. but after several messages.  Not help my the fact that the mobile number has no message service.

Products out of stock …

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

so its just a stock problem Not a going out of business problem then? i have always rated their lights and would deffo get another if they have what im after 🙂

donkeydave

Erm I am not so sure everything is ok, had many lights from them and have been happy but my rear city slicker one has stopped working I suspect the battery, but the lense has cracked as well.

Contacted them and was told to buy another light!, not what I expected.

z1ppy

Got my refund, so though I am disappointed they didn’t have stock, they are processing stuff, if steadily…

bear-uk
    Free Member

My headtourch turned up today, took about 7 days from ordering to delivery. No communication so it was lucky the wife was in to sign for it.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

many phone calls this week to check stock availability but no answer, so no way going to order anything :/ shame really

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Is there anything else i should be looking at similar to the c&b seen stuff????

z1ppy

Obvious ppl to try are MTB Batteries or TorchytheBatteryboy on ebay maybe? Otherwise, here a couple of thread’s where I’ve asked lately (and had gone for C&B seen, before cancelling) for different type of lights..

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/damned-it-lights-again-bar-mounted-this-time/

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/night-riding-lights-3/

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Cheers z1ppy,  im all googled out now and im still none the wiser! Lol

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Does anyone know if C&BSeen sorted their issues out yet? and do they have stock?

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I’ve had an issue with one of their lights. It’s about 20 months old  and has been used less than 10 times, and the lenses on the individual LEDs have debonded leaving the light appearing dimmer and with a very strong colour cast. I’ve spoken with Roger who states that the warranty is now only 12 months and not the 2 years stated on the website and they are no longer able to offer a repair service. I’m a bit disappointed, it was a brilliant light when it was working but whilst cheaper than the big brands, it’s not cheap enough to throw away after about 15 hours of use.

tjagain

kneebiscuit – go for them using consumer protection act.  You should get a partial refund.  If the lenses have debonded then its clearly either a manufacturing fault or not fit for purpose

cp

Indeed.

And the warranty is whatever it was when you bought it, and not what they say it is now. Also worth reporting for false/mis leading advertising on website.

tjagain

Once again.  Warrenty is what the manufacturer / importer offers.  YOU also have rights under legislation which are different, legally binding and not discretionary

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Had a quick look over the site, clearly the same Chinese rubbish you can buy on eBay amazon etc, but charging a premium for shipping from the U.K. and claims of offering a warranty.

these products aren’t designed to last, they are made cheap to sell on cheap.

if you want quality go to a 24hr endurance event and see the brand 90% of riders are using..

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

@TJ. I’ve asked for a refund as they cannot repair, so will see what they say. Not holding out much hope.

Jase
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 of their lights, had one for around 3 years and use it once a week throughout winter, still going strong.

edlong
    Free Member

if you want quality go to a 24hr endurance event and see the brand 90% of riders are using.

How helpful. Perhaps you could provide that information, then people don’t have to attend an event somewhere in order to find out?

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Presuming exposure?!

tjagain

Kneebiscuit – this is not something they can avoid.  You have a legal right.  Its only a partial refund mind you as you have had some use.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/what-are-my-statutory-rights-and-when-do-they-apply

If a defect develops after the first six months, the burden is on you to prove that the product was faulty at the time the goods were delivered to you.

In practice, this may require some form of expert report, opinion or evidence of similar problems or defects across the product range.

The retailer can also make a deduction from any refund for fair use after the first 6 months of ownership if an attempt at a repair or replacement is unsuccessful.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I really like my light, really well made and Roger was really helpful so it’s a shame others are having problems as would have been interested in getting another to replace my helmet light.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

yea, me too, i bought a light system from Roger 3yrs ago and its still going strong, i would have liked to buy one of them 7 Led systems off him BUT…..

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

“How helpful. Perhaps you could provide that information, then people don’t have to attend an event somewhere in order to find out?”

exposure of course, they are far superior products, buy cheap buy multiple times..

the mk12 1000 lumen joystick is down to £89.99 on cyclerepublic (including box, lanyard, chargers and helmet / bar connectors) its a bargain,

check out the last 4 sales on  Ebay 3 over £100 and 1 @ £70..    second hand value

as stated above all the products on this site can be bought elsewhere far cheaper.. they are generic chinese ones..

tjagain

But with better batteries?

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Maybe better batteries than customer service……no response to my email……

tjagain

“letter before action” then – google it – basically the first step to small claims court

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Good news, they’ve offered a refund against the light which is fair enough. Just need to find another brand that fits the battery now…..

wishiwascalledsteve

Ordered a new lamp on Saturday night and it was delivered on Wednesday. Didn’t get a dispatch email though.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Anyone having issues with C and B Seen’ is closed to new replies.