Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone have some v-brakes they could give away?
  • matt_outandabout

A long story, but my nephew has broken his rear v-brake on his cheap Decathlon bike we found for him. The family are back from India where life and work was, having been evacuated last summer by the Foreign Office due to the pandemic. I don’t want to lay out the issues, suffice to say life is really difficult for the family at the moment.

Does anyone have a rear or pair of v-brake callipers they would consider posting off to him?

I am more than happy to pay postage.

PM me if you can help.

Hedgehopper

Have messaged you

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    matt_outandabout

Thank you all – we are sorted following four generous offers…

I am posting some old tyres and pedals as well, I just didn’t have vbrakes…

matt_outandabout

This place sometimes 🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

is there anything else they need? I have so much stuff i need to shift tahts just not worth the effort of selling.

twistedpencil

I was going to say, more than likely, I’ll just need to ferret in the BMX spare parts bin.  Looks like I’ve been beaten to it though comprehensively, well done STW!

matt_outandabout

It’s a BTwin st100, 26″

The brakes (and bits I’m posting) will get him riding this summer.

Long term I’m looking for a new bike for him, I think I’m better trying to get some cash and bits towards that – he’s a growing 13 year old so I suspect he will have outgrown this one anyway..
    !

wheelsonfire1

Anything you need, direct message me.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I have a trailstar frame that can go to a good home.

garage-dweller

I’ve got a heap of lightly worn cheaper upgraded bits from my serial parts swapping days/kid bike improvements. Feel free to pm me if there’s anything specific you need to plug a gap and I’ll have a rummage.

matt_outandabout

Thank you all again – I think we’re sorted for fixing his current bike.

I’m reluctant to start a build from all sorts of parts. Firstly I’m at other end of the country (they are in Newton le Willows) and I know how quickly it spirals into needing specific / different parts.
    Secondly his parents are trying to pursuade him into a paper round and saving some cash towards this as a hobby. If he starts saving I would be more than happy to then help out with all sorts of parts – I’ve a set of 27.5 wheels, spare handlebars, disc rotors etc…hmm.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone have some v-brakes they could give away?’ is closed to new replies.