Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone have an awesome saddle bag or do I just go Topeak or Halfords?
  • johnj2000
    Free Member

Need a saddle bag and maybe a frame bag for a 6 hr plus ride next weekend. Popped into halfords and the frame bag seemed a little pokey for the 15 quid they wanted so left it and was having a look on crc, hard to get an idea of size.

marvincooper

My Topeak one broke last week, only about a year old. It was the strap that holds it to the saddle tore away from the bag. Before that the zip handle had broken off. I managed to fix the bag with a cable tie through one of the plastic clips but this too then broke.

The bag I had before that did about 10 years. It had straps that went through the saddle rails and vecro’d back to themselves. Just bought a Specialized Wedgie that’s similar for 15 quid, seems ok and no plastic bits to break.

sauce38
    Free Member

get too asda and get a bell one for a about a fiver. 2 years and no probs so far for my one anyway.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

If you’ve got a fizik saddle the Netherlands fizik bags are brill! (Inbuilt fixing)

spooky_b329

After going through several I decided I wanted a tool roll type bag that would strap round the seatpost. Unfortunately the only one I could find was some overpriced minimalist rubbish by Rapha (or someone like that).

frogstomp

I’d avoid the ‘quick-clip’ type ones for MTB because the clip creates a weak point that tears over time, especially if you put lots in it and / or take it on and off often. The Velcro strap ones seem to fair a lot better.

The Topeak Wedge Dry Bags seem pretty tough..

RobHilton
    Free Member

Got through 2 topeak ones last year 🙁 Back to having everything in a backpack again…

johnj2000
    Free Member

Cheers, just seen a lezyne bag with multi tool etc thrown in. Unfortunately I just bought a crank bros multi tool last week so missed a trick there. Looks like its the Topeak wedge but without the quick clip.

gribble
    Free Member

Had a Fizik bag, although the clip that fitted the Fizik seat looked weak, it was fine. Zip broke though after a year.

Then had the smallest Specialized bag, which was fine until i needed my co2 inflator and tube. Tube had a hole that had worn from the rubbing and the canister had run out of co2. My bad planning, but now I don’t bother and use a proper pack.

I think the Topeak ones on my wife’s bikes seem to have been fine though.

househusband

Been very pleased with my Ortlieb Mud Racer, now several years old – have one bag that gets used between three bikes.

jonba
    Free Member

My Arkel one is the only one that has lasted longer than 12 months.

Used lots and still looks to be in one piece. Expensive though.

http://www.arkel-od.com/us/all-categories/seat-bags-trunk-bags/seat-bag.html

johnj2000
    Free Member

Hmmmm looks good but currently more cash than I have available.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone have an awesome saddle bag or do I just go Topeak or Halfords?’ is closed to new replies.