Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone have access to a CNC water cutter…small job request…
  • DrP

It’s a small job, but I fully appreciate that there’s prob a fair bit of faff involved, hence the local CNC cutters have said they can do it, but it’ll be about £100 minimal charge!

Basically, I’ve made a CAD file (not the monk…) for a small project – it’s to be a home made meths burner stand, for bikepacking..
    It’s to be cut from 2mm alu sheet, and is only made of two cut sheets, about 140mm by 50mm…

If anyone out there fancies helping out a ‘home enthusiast’ cut two or three of these bits (i.e 2-3 pairs of components), I’m happy to pay for materials and postage/time…

If you want to look at the CAD file, then I can ail it across..!!

I’ve had help from ‘here’ before when I had a small project need turning on a lathe, so maybe someone can help in their tea break!!

Cheers

DrP

trout
    Free Member

cant you do it with a hacksaw and files

legend
    Free Member

We use this lot in work: http://www.jetcutit.com/ Very quick, good and cheap

DrP

Trout, I could, but wanted to see how they come out on a water cutter as I might be looking to make a batch of them if they work ‘in the field’…

DrP

kevj
    Free Member

What makes you opt for water jet out of interest? It’s twice as expensive as laser and leaves a very sharp edge, one which usually needs dressing. Laser cut is s bit more forgiving.

stumpy01

Yeah…why not laser cut?

If you are Cambridge way give Paxton Sheet Metal a call in St Neots. They are good lads.

DrP

Or laser then…!
    It’s only to cut 2mm alu sheet I suppose..

Will keep looking!

DrP

cpsilver
    cr500dom
    Free Member

Where abouts are you ?

Caged laser down in frome if you want laser cutting

Pure precision at snetterton for waterjet but there’s a £40 minimum charge

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone have access to a CNC water cutter…small job request…’ is closed to new replies.