Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone have a tripster AT/R?
  • rOcKeTdOg

I usually ride a 57/58cm frame but recently tried a Tripster ATR 55.5cm which lengthwise and stand over wise felt great, however the front end felt a tad low for off road duties using the drops. The geometry on a 57cm is higher st the front but seems a lot longer in reach and less in stand over.

Just wondering if you ride an AT or ATR and ride the same size as your road bike?

stevious

My road bike is 53cm and my tripster is 51cm. The shop I bought the tripster frame from said it’s usual to size down on your usual road bike size.

Road bike is a canyon ultimate slx so racey-ish geometry – I run the stem on it with no spacers.

I’ve got a few spacers under the stem on the tripster to bring the front up a bit (maybe 2cm?) and am very happy with how it handles. I may even remove some spacers to make it a bit lower.

I know very little about bike geometry, but I do know that I *love* the way my tripster handles off road.

EDIT – oh yeah, and I think having flared drops make a big difference. They might figure in your geometry thoughts.

DezB
    Free Member

MIne is a 54. Think my last road bike was a 56. Tripster fits me just great with a 100mm stem.

tripsterpete
    Free Member

I am 6’2 and ride a 57cm. V1

I wish the top tube was longer but with no 59cm I didn’t want to go the whole hog and jump to the 61.

110mm redshift shock stem up from with salsa cowchippers. Rides very well.

That said I am considering a Mason Bokeh ti so may end up selling this frame and forks soon!

rOcKeTdOg

Interesting stuff, thanks guys

spooky_b329

I’ve got an AT, 5’10” with a 55.5cm but I don’t know much about road bike sizing!

To me it seems to have quite a high front end as per the usual gravel bike trend.  I was running a few spacers but have now chopped the steerer a bit.  I’m running bars with a low drop (whats the proper name, compact?) and a slight flare (Mavic EA70 AX)

tomwoodbury

5’8”, 54cm v1 Tripster. Have a short stem and flared drops and it’s fantastic off road.

imnotverygood

Same as tomwoodbury

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone have a tripster AT/R?’ is closed to new replies.