Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Anyone happen to know Wiggo or Chris Froome
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

stevestunts – Member
    I’ve got a t-shirt signed by Jimmy Savile, if anyone wants that?

No? No takers?

Well, just imagine if you’d bought all his bikes, and then publicized it with great fanfare? How silly would you feel!

ragleysi
    Free Member

Wiggins lives in my village, but to be honest, I wouldn’t ask him for anything, due to the fact that every time I’ve seen him, which used to be quite a bit as our kids went to the same pre school, I’ve said good morning to him ( I didn’t know who he was at this point) he would just look the other way and ignore me…. Sorry mate, but manners cost **** all!!

ragleysi
    Free Member

Sorry, what was I thinking, he doesn’t live in my village, I live in HIS village!! Almost forgot my place for a second then!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Pfft you both just live in nan outlying hicksville of a fantsatic market town – its owns you all 😉

Legend, Bill Beaumont. Class autograph

he nearly ran me over once when i was on my BMX when he failed to stop at a junction when i had right of way. I had enough time to evade him with my rad skillz and flip him the bird only then did I realise who it was. He looked grumpy FWIW circa 1984 ish my guess

matthewjb
    Free Member

Write to the Team Sky press office and ask?

Or ask Fran Millar on Twitter. She’ll probably tell you how to get one.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Or ask Fran Millar on Twitter. She’ll probably tell you how to get to do one.

Ftfy

wrecker
    Free Member

I know someone who does. I cant make any promises as she (and they) are very busy but I can try. I think she knows cav a bit better (not like that!)
    PM me the kids names and ill ask.

bernard
    Free Member

Wrecker nice one, yeah I know it’s a long shot I’m just one of many requests a day no doubt. I have no expectation just a little bit of hope.

crazy-legs

I know Brad’s father in law reasonably well.
    I’ve raced with Brad a few times, Herne Hill back in the day (he’s about 2 years younger than me so he was always put up into our age group where he’d thrash all of us as well) and once or twice at Preston Sports Arena.

Back when he rode for Credit Agricole and then Cofidis, before he was married, he used to stay with Cath, ride some of the evening 10’s and occasionally pop into Preston for the Thursday evening crits. He’d tow the bunch round at 30mph for 45 minutes then slip off and let the remnants of the bunch contest the sprint. No-one really paid him too much attention – everyone knew who he was but it was well before he was properly famous. Last crit I did with him averaged 29mph and I used 3 gears on my bike: 53 x 12, 13 & 14!

About the best you can hope for is to send a letter to them both c/o Team GB at Manchester velodrome and maybe one of the publicity agents will pop a signed card in the post. I know Chris Hoy responded personally to all the cards he got post-Olympics.

If you’re ever around Manchester it’s worth popping into the velodrome canteen, you quite often see some of the big names in there. Matt Crampton, Ed Clancy, Geraint Thomas (when he was doing track pre-Olympics), Jason Kenny, Jo Rowsell, Laura Trott, Dani King, Becky James are all regulars in there.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Anyone happen to know Wiggo or Chris Froome’ is closed to new replies.