Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • anyone had wolfridge bearings replaced
  • robhughes
    Free Member

Hi gang.
    Has anyone had the bearings replaced on an 08-09 wolfidge under the life time warranty.just checked mine today and there knackered.about as lumpy as a lumpy thing.
    The question is do i contact marin or jejames where i got it om

4ndyB
    Free Member

warranty is usually with the retailer you purchased from

z1ppy

J E James, they should have a stock of bearings waiting, or can get them from ATB, they may charge you for fitting them. Ask first, my LBS let me have the bearing set (for a old style MV) to fit myself, I just had to return the knackered ones so that they could get them exchanged

robhughes
    Free Member

cheers guys.no problem fitting them myself.but do you reckon jejames would want the old ones before they send out replacements?
    just don,t want to be without wheels for a stupid amount of time.

grumm
    Free Member

You get lifetime warranty on bearings?

andrewh
    Free Member

You do on Marins.
    Had mine replaced on my 1999 Attack Trail, dropped it off at my dealer, picked it up again 3-4 days later, all new ones in. No fitting charge.
    Anyone know if this warrently applies just to the bearings themselves or to the whole main-pivot thing? That’s starting to go now.

robhughes
    Free Member

andy i think it,s the frame as a whole.
    only one problem there is that i live tooooo far away from one of jejames,s shops but don,t mind doing them myself.

z1ppy

Andy, talk to you LBS, earlier Marins had a full lifetime warranty on the frame too, but I have heard of that 10year old bikes are considered to have lasted a ‘lifetime’. Ask, they can only say no at worst.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘anyone had wolfridge bearings replaced’ is closed to new replies.