• This topic has 16 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • anyone had trouble with a HeliTape retailer on Ebay?
  • MrKmkII
    Free Member

So on the 6th of Feb I bought some helitape from an ebay retailer, i received an email to say it had been sent on the 7th. i got in touch to see the ETA and he was surprised it hadn’t arrived. he sent me a photo on the packaged tape ready to be sent. he told me he would send me a copy of the post office receipt today though he hasn’t.

anyone had any problems with any helitape sellers? or has anyone had to make a postoffice claim (assuming the seller isn’t at fault)? i have a bike waiting to be built!

thank you 🙂

Speshpaul

To be fair he sounds genuine, and you’ve paid him to deliver, so just ask him to send you some more.

wwaswas

it’s the sellers responsibility to get the goods to you – let them chase it up.

derp
    Free Member

i have a bike waiting to be built!

I am pretty sure it should stay together without the tape……

MrKmkII
    Free Member

haha, thanks derp! it’s an on-one, insert your own gag…

and everyone else too. i will be sure to get him to do the chasing – i wasn’t sure, i kinda got the impression he was gonna get me to do it.

dafunkphenomenon
    Free Member

I bought some off paragontapes, arrived the next day I think.

Don’t think it really matters if he has proof of postage, I think it’s his responsibility till it lands at your door.

rickon
    Free Member

If it’s Biketart.. they’re tip-top. Always arrived on time, and i’ve bought a lot of tape from them 🙂

Agreed, it is the seller’s responsibility – proof of posting is not proof of receipt.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

well, after an initial burst of optimism after your responses, i am now taking a dim view of the seller – he’s giving me contradictory stories, and is strongly suggesting i do all the post office chasing. not happy 🙁

thomthumb
    Free Member

helicopter tape on an on-one. why bother. just replace it if it gets scratched.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

helicopter tape on an on-one. why bother. just replace it if it gets scratched.

because i have more sense than money. but thanks for your thoughtful input.

thomthumb
    Free Member

because i have more sense money than moneysense

FTFY

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i thought i made myself clear, but just to re-iterate, in easy to understand terms – eff off.

flamejob
    Free Member

I get mine from Just Riding Along. Been through 6 meters of the stuff. Is it cheaper/as good elsewhere?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

used paragon a few times now and always had great service (enough to look for him when he changed his trading name to Paragon). To be honest I prefer his non-3M tape which is thinner and more flexible than the thicker genuine 3M stuff I got from him last time.

andyl
    Free Member

+1 for paragon too. But I have messed with mine a bit too much when applying and got a couple of edges lifting. 🙁 going to stick them down with some water based PU.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

well, it never turned up. got in touch with the seller and he’s being pretty snippy about refunding me.

i ordered some from helitape.co.uk on sunday night and it arrived monday! hand delivered, as they are based in the same town 😉

Drac

well, it never turned up. got in touch with the seller and he’s being pretty snippy about refunding me.

Raise a dispute then bickering with him has got you no where.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘anyone had trouble with a HeliTape retailer on Ebay?’ is closed to new replies.