Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • anyone had Mule bars?
  • alp_girl
    Free Member

Are they more like Clif bars (easy to eat, not too chewy) or Torq bars (taste nice but are much more chewy)?

As they’re only sold in 24s I don’t want to order a whole box and find out I don’t like them 😕

Kuco

IMO I thought they tasted awful. The dried mango was like like trying to chew plastic i’d rather have a Clif or Torq bar any day.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, easy to eat (more chewy than powerbarbricks) and very, very tasty to boot. Good flavours, good content, good company. What’s not to like?

Whereabouts are you? I know of several dealers who have them in stock, may be able to point you in the right direction!

DezB
    Free Member

I seem to remember them being somewhere in between…
    Definitely easy to eat and come in really good flavours.

Pants on here is your man for a free sample 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I love Mule bars, they are my favorite energy bar. A box of Chocolate Fig Fiesta got me through the Trans Wales last year. The Mango is OK, there’s a nice nutty one, but I’m not keen on Pinacolada!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Pants on here is your man for a free sample

I’d like to tell you where my box of Choc Fig ones came from, but then I’d have to kill you….
    😉

Kuco

Well if it’s the fig ones I guess they came from the bottom of the nearest porta-loo 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

LOL!

😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The new Strudel flavour is a delight, BTW.

sputnik
    Free Member

Tasted them at the Triathlon expo in Esher yesterday.
    Thoughed they were nice.Easy to eat, like Cliff.
    Second the figgy choccy ones!

alp_girl
    Free Member

Captain Flashheart, I’m in mid Wales, I think Mule website said nearest stockist is in Shrewsbury?

how long till Pants sees this thread and offers me some freebies then 😉

Jezkidd
    Free Member

More like Clif’s, my fave MTB snack

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bummer, the places I know are a way off. Pretty sure they’d do mail order though, if you ask nicely! Stonehenge Cycles, in Salisbury do lots of ’em (01722 334915), worth a try. Also, they’re the closest LBS to Mule Towers, which I think is rather nice!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Alp Girl – You can order straight off their website, if that’s any good to you?

alp_girl
    Free Member

PeterPoddy, you mean Mule’s website? I thought they only did full boxes, quite like the idea of tasting the different ones first and then buying a box of my favourites 🙂

CaptainFlashheart, thanks for the tip, I’ll try my luck 😆

GaryLake
    Free Member

Mango awful, Pina Colada good!!

alp_girl
    Free Member

ah, just checked Stonehenge cycles, excellent, I can indeed get one of each flavour (apart from liquorice, yuck, just the thought…)!!

only problem now is delivery is free for orders over £25, biiig temptation to add more stuff to get free delivery 😛

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, you could always ask them if you can pay the remaining balance for a signed photograph of Ian……(Go on, I dare you….! 😈 Please, please, please, at least ask! It would make my day!)

nicko74

Not easy to eat – especially when cold. It was like trying to chew chipboard. Still, I’m sure it was v healthy; personally I tend to stick to mars bars – they’re cheap, widely available and pure sugar! 🙂

alp_girl
    Free Member

… are you setting me up, CFH :mrgreen:??? guess they’re closed for the day now…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

alp_girl – Member
    … are you setting me up, CFH

With Ian? Well, maybe, who knows…..! (Would be a great thing if you were to at least ask, though! 😈 Or, if they say know, ask for a signed pic of Chris and his Bowery….please? Pretty please? 😉 )

alpin
    Free Member

got given one to try a while back. was from switzerland.

i think i can now say i have eaten bird food. it was horrid. real stodgy consistency. no flavour despite claims that it had chocolate in.

not saying it didn’t work but puts me off trying another.

i’ll stick to flapjack.

besides, i’m not sure if all these chemicals that are inside are a good thing. i know one bloke who gets high on these powder drinks just to ride up a hill. without he’s fairly normal and calm. after a sachet his eyes are popping and he won’t shut up….

DezB
    Free Member

personally I tend to stick to mars bars – they’re cheap, widely available and pure sugar!

Mars Bars, perfect for that bonking sensation!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Whereabouts are you? I know of several dealers who have them in stock, may be able to point you in the right direction!

Anything to get a girl’s location. Don’t be too specific alp_girl…he’ll be drunkenly explaining (over a jug of Gem) why you’d be a fool not to think Thatcher was our greatest ever prime-minister ever. Lets be careful out there 😈

pants
    Free Member

Pants has finally seen it…. alp_girl

Firstly let me add, I do not work for Mulebar and I am not biased 2wards them in any way, as I like Torq and Clif bars.

How ever I find the Mule much easier on the jaw whilst trying to eat whilst racing etc, I am supprised at the negative comments, each to there own though.

I find Torq my least enjoyable and Clif and Mulebar close, but my most enjoyable bars out of the 3 in order…Clif-Cool Mint. Mule-Hunzanut. Torq-Raspberry and Apple. Torq Gels are the best!

I buy more Mule than the rest.

Alp_girl send me your address and I will send you some samples…….

alp_girl
    Free Member

hey pants, just saw your post – I’ll take you up on your offer of free Mule bars, what’s your email address?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Does this mean you haven’t asked for a signed photo of Ian? 🙁

alp_girl
    Free Member

well, at Stonehenge Cycles I’d have to pay for the Mule bars – it’s the credit crunch after all 😛

Napalm
    Free Member

The liquorice bars rock and they contain fennel seeds too. Super tasty.
    I bought a box from Wiggle.

pants
    Free Member

alp_girl

0426pante@armymail.mod.uk

pants
    Free Member

Hopefully some one may have had some Mulebars!

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

The rep brought round some samples last week and all the staff loved them.

Liquorice+fennel, Mango, Pinacolada, and choccy fig were great (Liqorice was my fave) Still to try the apple+cinnamon and Hunzanut (although I am not keen on apricots!)

We will definately be stocking a few flavours in the shop (Williams, Cheltenham) and I will be getting a couple of boxes for myself when I am feeling better (and back at work!)

SSP

pants
    Free Member

Apple Srudel…..Your missing out! Lovely!

alp_girl
    Free Member

😀

Just plotting a long ride for the weekend – luckily I have some Mule bars to take with me 😆

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘anyone had Mule bars?’ is closed to new replies.