Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone had issue's with Winstanleys?
  • soma_rich
    Free Member

I was looking for a mech hanger and their website was the only one that said in stock, so went with them. Few days after purchase I get an email saying it would be two weeks to ship as their supplier said there was a delay. So not in stock. I have more received another automated email informing me it’s going to be another week. This is getting ridiculous. What would you do?

jam-bo

can you get it from anywhere else quicker?

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

I reckon 85% of their stock doesn’t exist. At least, they’ve not ordered it from the supplier yet.

I’ve had experience with them.

benpinnick

Bought alot of bits from them over the years. Never had a single issue FWIW.

soma_rich
    Free Member

No it looks like its not in stock anywhere, is a GT Grade alloy mech hanger if anyone knows where one is in stock

legend
    Free Member

In that case I’d wait as no one else is going to get it sooner

rocketman
    Free Member

As above long time customer the few problems we’ve had have been quickly and amicably resolved

Amazing prices from time-to-time on forks and bling always worth a look

ads678

Bought some forks from them that turned out to be out of stock, but other things i’ve bought have been ok.

breadcrumb

Ordered some forks once, didn’t hear anything for a few days so rang them. Not in stock, I cancelled the order whilst on the phone.

drain

A few years ago I had similar stock control headaches with them, to the point where I’d email them before ordering asking “is this item *really* in stock”? but then all went well. Shame if the glitch has resurfaced.

iain1775
    Free Member

Had the same experience when I ordered some Hope brakes a good few years ago
    After 3 delays from Winstanleys I phoned Hope up direct, told them what I had ordered and they shipped them to Winstanleys, I then had to chase Winstanleys to send them out as they sat on a shelf whilst they thought they where ‘the wrong ones’

welshfarmer

Have a look at Superstar components for the mech hanger. It may take a while but it is worth looking through their full selection. Neither of my bikes are listed there but I found the identical hangers listed under different manufacturers bikes.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Oooh welshfarmer I hadn’t thought of that!

teamslug
    Free Member

http://www.gearmechhanger.com Top bloke..really helpful

uphilla
    Free Member

Always had good service from them, exceptional on last item bought.

bombjack
    Free Member

Another +’ve from me, rear Formula disc lever decided to empty itself, sent back to Winstanleys, had replacement from Formula 3 weeks later.
    Would defo buy again.

psycorp
    Free Member

I’ve had the same thing happen OP. Gamut chainguide part IIRC. Ended up cancelling and ordering something else from elsewhere.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had issue's with Winstanleys?’ is closed to new replies.