Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Anyone had a Fiat Panda 100hp?
  • sharkattack

well that was clever OP !!! Another driving idiot on the public highway

Sorry but I deliberately put that in there fishing for a comment like this. Can’t believe it took over 13 hours. This place is slipping.

martymac

I just assumed that the vehicles top speed on the M1 would be 70mph, the same as any other car?

breadcrumb

The wife had a 500 1.4 100hp. Nippy with a great engine note. But not suitable for the country roads around here. Needed it’s second set of rear dampers by 45/50000. Random warning lights would pop up then vanish. Trim was coming away too.

The fiesta we replaced it with is so much better put together.

sharkattack

Deposit paid on this bad boy.

The only problem is I’m away until Friday, then the seller is away for a long weekend so I can’t pick it up until the 22nd.

I wonder how long it is compared to my Geometron?

martymac

Looks great, that’s a nice colour

sharkattack

Thanks, I really wanted red but I’ve seen two now and they were all slightly different shades. Dark bonnets and pink bumpers etc. Much happier with this one.

bikebouy
    Free Member

👍👍

jimwah
    Free Member

Looks great in blue, it’s making me miss mine a bit! I had a black 57 plate for a while and it was more fun than the 500 twin air 105hp which followed it. Fiat know how to make fun little cars and I had no serious issues with either of mine, actually my current Jeep is basically the bigger 500 X, and that’s been great too. Have fun, have a look for the airbox mod on the fiat forum if you like a little bit of induction noise, and look at /50 tyres if the need arises, they tend to be a bit cheaper.

UncleFred
    Free Member

I’ve had one for a couple,of year, went from a 9-5 2.3 Turbo to the fiat.

Panda is much more fun, its like a roller skate in the dry. Nippy but not fast and likes to be revved,

Wheelspins and understeers veyr easily in the wet though. Bikes fit the back with the wheels off and seats down.

Was thinking of trading it for a 500 Abarth but can’t bring myself to do it just yet.

Just had a full service including rear discs and pads for £360

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

I can’t be the only one thinking that the OP is only one step away from owning a bad boy Vauxhall Corsa…

…not my cup of tea, might be if I was 17 years old though and liked that sort of thing !  Don’t forget to buy some calliper paint 🤣

Daffy

I’ve had one for 6 years and have just sold it.

In 6 years and 50k miles (74k when we sold it)  it’s needed more money in repairs and servicing than it cost to buy.  Steering pumps, dampeners (twice), wishbones, springs, bumpstops (twice), radiator, thermostat, water pump, all the wheel bearings FFS?!, heater matrix, window motor,

its bone jarringly hard because they’re 45 section 200 wide, 15” wheels and because they’re 15” wheels and most cars have MUCH bigger wheels, it tends to fall into potholes made by others.

This is was my wife’s car and whist I liked it and bought it and she loved it, I loathed it by the end.

Now have a BMW i3 and it’s quieter, faster, smoother and quicker and has nicer handling despite the fact that it rolls a bit.

sharkattack

I can’t be the only one thinking that the OP is only one step away from owning a bad boy Vauxhall Corsa…

But it’s not mine. It’s just supposed to be a mildly amusing first car for my girlfriend.

All of my own cars have been older than me and rear wheel drive. Never had a hatchback. I’ve never ever even set foot in a Corsa.

sharkattack

It’s home!

So far we’ve had two evenings exploring the Peak District. I’ve gone down all the roads that I avoided like the plague while driving the van. Driving very cautiously because it feels like it’s doing a tonne at 50mph.

The car has brand new discs and pads, cam belt and water pump done last week, brand new tyres, etc, etc… Basically we don’t have to do anything until the MOT is up in April (hopefully) and everything appears to work.

Anyway it’s definitely my girlfriends car. Her log book, her insurance. I won’t be stealing it every day.

RustyNissanPrairie

Probably a little too late but PH have just done a buyer’s guide to them!

https://www.pistonheads.com/features/ph-buying-guides/fiat-panda-100hp-ph-used-buying-guide/38064

sharkattack

That’s the second time they’ve been on the front page of Pistonheads this month. Hopefully we got in before the gold rush!

I’ve missed the boat on every thing else. I thought I’d be buying a Lancia Delta not a Panda but they’ve rocketed.

hp_source

Can’t believe I missed the initial thread….  but anyway. Yeah I’ve had two…. sold the 1st one too quickly, came back again a few years later for a 2nd one. Yes they’re a bit plasticy, a bit fragile, a bit slower than (insert other warm hatch name here), but who cares when they’re so much fun!

I got a late model, low mileage, well looked after one, and plan to look after it. Last year it clocked up 5k between MOT’s and in about a year it’ll drop to 3rd car status and maybe even get squeezed in the Garage or under cover. Might be unrealistic to think it’ll really appreciate in value under my ownership, but who knows, there never were that many registered for a mass market car, and there are going to be less and less every year.

Happy Motoring!

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had a Fiat Panda 100hp?’ is closed to new replies.