Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone got photochromatic Oakley Radars?
  • oddjob
    Free Member

Thinking of buying a pair, but don’t know if i’d be better getting 2 seperate lenses instead. I had a VR28 in my old M frames and a black iridium that I foudn too dark almost all the time.

toons
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered some Jackets with transition 6 lenses, getting them next week, I’ll report back if you’d like?

PDF on the lenses http://www.essilor.co.uk/lensinfo/pdfs/Transitions%20VI%20Brochure.pdf

oddjob
    Free Member

I had ordered some jawbones but it looks like they won’t be available for a few weeks yet and I need some new glasses (ok want, not need) before going on a biking holiday at the end of next week. I guess nobody has managed to get ay jawbones yet?

FuzzyWuzzy

As much as I’d like to try the Radar photochromic unfortunately Oakley don’t sell them separately and figuring I’d already been ripped off once for my first set I wasn’t about to buy another just for the lens :p I think they would be worth it MTBing that ducks in and out of the woods, as long as they react quickly enough, otherwise you’re pretty much forced to use clear lens and squint when in the open.

Crell
    Free Member

I guess nobody has managed to get ay jawbones yet?

Still waiting

mysterymove
    Free Member

Got some Half jackets with them, V. Good Lens’s. They work so well that if you cover up part of the lens [mud or hair when you’ve got them on your head] you can see the difference in the lens between the dark [bit that been in the sun] light [bit thats in the shadow].

I think mine are the VR50 version, light enough to see on overcast days, dark enough for really bright days – perfect for the Mountain bike – i’ll stick with the M Frames with clear lens for really sh!tty days tho…

druidh
    Free Member

Another happy Half Jacket Transitions owner here. Bonus is that they’re clear enough for night riding too (mine are prescription).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got photochromatic Oakley Radars?’ is closed to new replies.