Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone got or tried Walleva photochromic / transition lenses?
  • clubber
    Free Member

I have Oakley clear black transitions lenses in my jawbones but have always preferred my radars (no frame in your vision) and would like the same lenses in those instead.

The genuine Oakley ones are hard and expensive to get hold of. I’ve seen walleva do lenses that in theory are similar but reviews are either bit very comprehensive or very conflicting.

http://www.wallevalenses.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&product_id=533&flypage=flypage.tpl&pop=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

Anyone actually got or used them?

Key question is whether the range is similar to the Oakley clear black ones eg you can ride with them at night and in sunlight.

Thanks

clubber
    Free Member

Bump for the weekday crowd.

clubber
    Free Member

On the off chance, last chance bump

fozzybear
    Free Member

I don’t have any but I have been looking at the same.
    Again i read a lot of hit and miss.
    Sometimes they lack quality, easy to scratch, poor manufacturing.
    Then other times the could have invented sliced bread….

clubber
    Free Member

Yeah, that’s kind of the problem I’m facing….

njee20
    Free Member

Mmm, also interested here for the exact reasons the OP says! The coating has starting to scratch on my Clear Black Iridium lenses too, not hugely impressed.

clubber
    Free Member

Mine have lasted fine – I was looking at them last night and there are no marks – bad set maybe?

From what I’ve read the Wallevas are 12-40% light transmission. I assume that 100% is clear so it does sound like they’re not really the equivalent of Oakley clear-black which are 10-66%

clubber
    Free Member

Just thought I’d share this

http://www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk/oakley-lenses/radar/clear-black-16-992/31529.aspx

Genuine oakley photochromic lens for radars at £85ish with the 10% discount for first time buyer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got or tried Walleva photochromic / transition lenses?’ is closed to new replies.