Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone got or had a Skagen watch?
  • clubber
    Free Member

I’m quite taken with a watch I’ve seen recently – a Skagen 809XLTTM:

Anyone had one or another Skagen? If so, any comments on reliability/durability?

ben
    Free Member

Yup, I’ve got one.

I had a similar design in black. I found the black finish wore off the strap very quickly, but apart from that it was reliable and I really like the slim design.

I’d look for a bare metal strap in future, not sure if that one above is or not? My strap was the same design but the black finish wore away to reveal silver underneath.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Wife has a ladies one. It is nice looking, and very slim, but it does scratch very easily (and costs £40 + waiting 8 weeks for new glass to be fitted) so she wants a new and more durable one at some point.

Obviously that doesn’t say that all of them have easy scratch glass, but I wouldn’t buy one unless it specifically says that it has some kind of special scratch resistant glass.

clubber
    Free Member

That’s useful to know given my history of trashing watches, the glass in particular. I was kind of hoping/thinking that a thinner watch might mean I’d catch it less often, hence less likely to damage the glass but…

stumpy01

I bought my other half a Skagen watch a couple of years back. She was really pleased with it. It’s lasting well, although she has other watches that she wears to work etc.

My Bro-in-law also has one and I’ve not heard him moan about it.

The only thing I would say is that the glass on my OHs one is very slightly domed, which looks good but I imagine could make it more susceptible to knocks.

jwh
    Free Member

I’ve got that exact watch – very comfortable.
    titanium strap / face has not scratched at all in the 9 months and ware it for everything

clubber
    Free Member

Hmmm so it’s both fragile and not 😀 that’s helped clear it up!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got or had a Skagen watch?’ is closed to new replies.